stuff

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

stuff

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

a full week has gone by since anything was posted in this forum, this really is the quiet time. Of course, Eric could have posted about recent Capillaries gigs, but he's too modest, shy, or lazy to plug his other band, so we miss out on all that.

anyways, I have been wondering about Long Winters merch.
I'm painfully aware that I missed out on that snowblower t-shirt, and I'm curious about what kind of merch has been available over the years.

to make this more fun, it would be great to see pics to go with the items.
shirts being worn, stickers on unusual items [I will post a picture of my 'harm' sticker on my purse, you will just have to take my word for it that it really is a long winters sticker because it has become illegible - it makes me a bit sad, but at the same time it's cool that it got used, I suppose], interesting autographs, share share share!

the new girl

Postby the new girl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:37 pm

I have the green "The Long Winters" sticker I got w/ CD from Barsuk on one of my many sticker-encrusted Nalgene bottles. I think that bottle also has a sticker from aforementioned record label in addition to a Gonzaga U. bulldog.

I'd post a photo, but I've yet to join the digital camera (or phone or whatever) crowd so unless you want to wait a week for me to finish the roll of film in my camera, develop it and take it to the friendly camera store folks to print it (even then, I'd still have to find a scanner and it'd be in black & white :), you'll just have to take my word for it...

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:48 pm

That's the (awesome) Snow Plow shirt. As you can see, I wear it extremely tremendously often. Every week. I love it to death, but it's dying a quick death. Is there a one-year warrentee on these babies, John?

Also the sticker. I got it for free at the show, because the boys are awesome. I bought a button, too, but sadly within a week, it came unclasped and fell off of my backpack. Which made me really sad, because I loved that button with all my heart and soul. Shoddy workmanship at it's finest. We need good, tight, hardworking clasps--not ones that fall off before you even have a chance to show your friends the nifty button. If you're interested, it WAS a smaller design of that sticker.

Moni

Postby Moni » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:36 am

As for older stuff, I've got
- a small (1.5x14 cm or so) brown sticker with the band name and a dead (=wintery) tree on the right end--I guess this is the same you have?
- a grey t-shirt (the one with the... snowy-icy castle and the band name in gothic writing)
- dark green t-shirt from the sonic boom tour, but i'm not sure if that really counts as merchandise?

i have no digital camera, but maybe i can scan them...

Also, Sean signed my [German's] friends copy of WIPTF with "Danke Sean (=danke schön). Get it?" Well to be honest it took us both an embarassingly long while to "get it."

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:08 am

I've got the green sticker on my cork board in my office.

If you stand in my doorway it is right over my shoulder, kinda like the statue of Lady Justice's rack hovered over Ashcroft when he did press conferences.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:49 am

i have an embarrassing amount of long winters shwag. i managed to get rid of a lot of stuff before i moved, but i still have:
the "don't yell at me" shirt, the light blue 80's style tank top shirt, buttons, stickers, posters, set lists...

yup.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Liz wrote:- a small (1.5x14 cm or so) brown sticker with the band name and a dead (=wintery) tree on the right end--I guess this is the same you have?

Nope, mine was the colour of the 'harm' cover with The Long Winters in that font. Here's what it looks like now:

this is my t-shirt with Shawn Wolfe design, a wonderful gift from Moni:

and this is where my green sticker went - if only I had known I was gonna buy a notebook I would have saved the other one:

And wow, a band that does buttons. If I wasn't a fan already, I would become one now

dchris

Postby dchris » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:24 pm

I love rock band stickers!
...and I hate when people have band stickers they don't stick on things! I only have one LW sticker left anymore, on the wall by my desk. I have a couple shirts, but nothing y'all haven't seen before.

PS: the "don't yell at me" shirt?
Funniest t-shirt ever.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:44 am

dchris wrote:I have a couple shirts, but nothing y'all haven't seen before.

PS: the "don't yell at me" shirt?
Funniest t-shirt ever.

Well, that's where you are wrong, see, I have indeed never seen that shirt before. Have no idea what it looks like. Tank tops, ditto. Let alone snowy icecastles and the infamous sonic boom shirt (heard of, but never seen).

Remember, I'm European, we didn't get in as early as you lot. And they never even brought buttons over - of course, this was after the war on terr'r started, and buttons have sharp parts that are too risky to be allowed on an airplane, perhaps?

dchris

Postby dchris » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:10 am

Oh, i don't have it, either. I just think it's funny.

To be more specific, I only have the good ol' snowblower shirt (in blue) and this shirt (in cream), that I had to buy twice.

Remember how many times the LWs have toured Europe vs. how many Florida shows they've played.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:08 pm

it looks like this:

how funny that i am 2,000 miles from home, but i actually managed to pack this shirt.

i got it at the WWU show two years ago, i think. right before WIPTF came out. i remember there was a tutorial on how to properly read "don't yell at me," and i'm not sure how to accurately transcribe it to the internet. but dammit, it's funny.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:37 pm

I'm jealous of ex girlfriend's cigarettes and that shirt.

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Liesbeth wrote:
and this is where my green sticker went - if only I had known I was gonna buy a notebook I would have saved the other one:

And wow, a band that does buttons. If I wasn't a fan already, I would become one now

i have that green sticker on some old school notebook...and the decemberists ones too! the van one is on my monitor and i haven't decided where to put the one with billy liar's geisha.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:14 am

dchris wrote:Remember how many times the LWs have toured Europe vs. how many Florida shows they've played.

yep, that shuts me up!
and it is a cool shirt indeed

Moni

Postby Moni » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:23 am

mildlyrestarted wrote:Image

that is exactly the one i have, it's just still with much of my stuff in my old place in Salzburg... and I just wanted to say that I actually do remember a "don't yell at me"-shirt, i just can't remember what it looked like... aaah embarassing.

Anyway, here's the sticker I was talking about, the back of the Sonic Boom Tour shirt (the front looks like the green sticker), and... I don't have any setlists I can post, so here's a spectacular ticket

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:16 pm

you know, your sticker is like the one on my purse, I think, I just completely forgot about that tree. I'm not entirely sure though, how I wished my memory was better.
(the advantage of my bad memory is that I can reread books or see films again, and I will not have a clue how they end, making them seem all new again)

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:51 pm

I have rethought the raunchy nature of what was previously posted here and redacted myself in the name of wholesomeness.

But if you are feeling unwholesome, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 17378&rd=1

nwheather

Postby nwheather » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:56 am

dchris wrote:...I hate when people have band stickers they don't stick on things!...

I have but one LW sticker, the pea-green one like on Liesbeth's laptop. I got it 'cause it was free; I had nuked my budget just going to the show and had just enough money to get home. This sticker is not stuck to anything, but is taped--backing intact--to something at work. I don't want to stick it to anything until we've moved and gotten situated(sometime this year, we think). I've actually had a student comment on it; he was as amazed as I was to find a fellow LW fan in OK.

And then there were two...

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:39 pm

ive got pics from the tractor tavern, from some time ago. i first met john, he talked to me and what not, left a very nice imperession..

when im angry, i go ballistic. i think i ripped up a poster and sticker, out of rage at something else in my life.

ive got lots of hotrod love, i have emailed him twice, all along with my suicide drama meltdown, he wrote back and was kind.

heather

I am the fanciest scenster of them all...

Postby heather » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:01 pm

I have Sean Nelson in a jar. Beat that, bitches*.

*meant in only the most loving and jovial of tones.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”