t-shirt potential

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

pas de nom
Location: Seattle... at the moment, in the middle of France (Montluçon)

t-shirt potential

Post by pas de nom »

When I went home this weekend my sister came upon a sketch I had made of a t-shirt with "'your new math is treason' - John Roderick " written on the front. I had made the drawing with her in mind and so she kind of spoiled the surprise she will get when she sees the actual shirt, but this allowed us to get into a nice discussion about the Long Winters. I told her how difficult it was just to think about making one t-shirt after the initial idea come to mind because so many Long Winters lyrics have t-shirt potential… “you can’t play nursemaid and be the crazy patient,” “at least we have blankets in our cage,” “I heard my name but I didn’t turn around,” “the worst you can do is harm,” “if you find the real world let me know,” “I’m losing my homemade cool,” “each a different shade of blinding,” … I don’t know I suppose I am just easily amused by the lyrical and musical brilliance of the Long Winters. This discussion also made us think how great of a band name T-shirt Potential would be, haha.
I despise shopping so it may be awhile before I actually buy a t-shirt for which to write “your new math is treason” on, but when I do I will/may post the picture.
dchris

Re: t-shirt potential

Post by dchris »

pas de nom wrote:... so many Long Winters lyrics have t-shirt potential…

May I remind you of their great underwear potential?
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Wow, that thread certainly took a turn for the prurient rather quickly.

Good show, pervs!
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Hahaha, the underwear thread was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title. Whatever happened to that idea?
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I seem to recall that that particular idea was clearly vetoed by our founder.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

it's never too late to change your mind!!
pas de nom

Post by pas de nom »

pardon, I was unaware of this previous thread and I surely don't care to turn a t-shirt into dirty humor, but I suppose essentially Long Winters both as a whole and when broken down into their smallest pieces can say so much.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

I've totally come around to the underwear idea, and future LW's tours will definitely feature a wonderful selection of 'delicates'.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

How hawt would it be to get with a girl, pull down her pants, and see your (former) avatar plastered on her unmentionables?
L u c y
Current Heading: South

Post by L u c y »

forget avatar...that was his face

[edit] which is what you meant...I missed it, as usual.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

Heh. Yeah, and a particularly fun version of his face, at that.
Laura Suzanne

Post by Laura Suzanne »

John wrote:I've totally come around to the underwear idea, and future LW's tours will definitely feature a wonderful selection of 'delicates'.

Thank God.
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

im wearing versace now, but im ade a homemade shirt, when i was a size 28 (now im a size anywhere from xl-14-18) cause bands just dont have plus size girlie shirts. it says "the long winters, the world loves john roderick" then on the back there was a heart, with the words "harvey danger, sean nelson, long winters, john roderick." it was an old shirt, with sharpie black pens. so dyi. woo!
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

if i ever get my clothing company, im making cute things like dresses, for big girls, like even a 300+ lbs girl, or for a size 200 or just something that i would like to wear, cause lane bryant only seems to expensive/.//baaah anywhowa, i wo uld also like to take a stab at designing band t shirts.
sattiva

Post by sattiva »

I know this will have little to do with LW BUT a lot to do with t-shirts, intimates, and people who spend to much time with the works of bill gates...imagine a new brand of t-shirts and intimates under the brand cntrl Z (intl pc cheat for undo). I think it has a lot of potential.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

A t-shirt worthy LW quote (especially for us in the NW) would be "It never rains enough to cool my fever, all it does is rain".

Then again, I personally don't like quoted t-shirts.
pas de nom

Post by pas de nom »

Sorry, this is a useless post. I tried posting a picture though I apparently I am not good at following directions, as I was unsuccessful. Though indeed quotes on t-shirts has become quite lame... though I didn't seem to catch on to this when I started the thread.