Sonic Boom Tour Survivors

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

A Brutaful Smile

Sonic Boom Tour Survivors

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

we came, we saw, we kicked their ass!

oh wait...there was no ass kicking but we did get shirts.

it was really quite an adventure and great to see all the people that came out to see the boys at each place.
it was a great day to be out in all the neighborhoods too. made it quite warm inside for the shows tho.

each set was a little different.
capitol hill gave us some mixing it up w/sean on bass, john on keyboards and eric on guitar for the first song.
fremont gave us a more "intimate" set w/just john and sean
and to wrap it up in ballard was more of the rocking out w/the full band.

it was cool to finally hear some of the new songs played live that i don't think have been played live before at all or very few times.

annnddd they so totally wanna rip off my t-shirt idea and not give me a cut. what nerve! ;)
if you went to any of the shows me and my son were the ones wearing the "no, you are!" shirts.
(there john, now you know who i am on this here thing :p)

the kid said he had a lot of fun. i'm glad he made it thru all 3 shows. it was definitely a great time.
cool idea guys! i'm glad it came together.
realneal

Post by realneal »

What a great way to spend my saturday. I really appreciated that they played so many songs from "All you can do.." Sean and John were awesome in that acuoustic set in Fremont. Some of the best on-stage banter I've ever seen.

God, what a great day.

I loved your shirts, your son was very cute.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

realneal wrote:I really appreciated that they played so many songs from "All you can do.."

I believe you mean "The Worst You Can Do..." ;)

Yes it was awesome! It was totally worth blowing off my piles of homework for. I enjoyed all three sets, and have a rad t-shirt to show for it. For anyone who was there, I was the dude in the front (at all three shows) in the grey Long Winters "Don't Yell At Me" shirt holding the microphone and DAT. That little kid was very cute. It's cool that you took him, hook 'em while they're young, I always say! I was soooo glad that they played Nora (at Ballard) and Blue Diamonds (at Capitol Hill). I only wish they would have played Give Me A Moment and Blanket Hog as a full band...All in all, the best way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon, that I can think of. I know Karate now.
A Brutaful Smile

Unremarkable wrote: Yes it was awesome! It was totally worth blowing off my piles of homework for. I enjoyed all three sets, and have a rad t-shirt to show for it. For anyone who was there, I was the dude in the front (at all three shows) in the grey Long Winters "Don't Yell At Me" shirt holding the microphone and DAT. That little kid was very cute. It's cool that you took him, hook 'em while they're young, I always say! I was soooo glad that they played Nora (at Ballard) and Blue Diamonds (at Capitol Hill). I only wish they would have played Give Me A Moment and Blanket Hog as a full band...All in all, the best way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon, that I can think of. I know Karate now.
AH HA! I had a feeling you were someone from on here. :)
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

Unremarkable wrote:For anyone who was there, I was the dude in the front (at all three shows) in the grey Long Winters "Don't Yell At Me" shirt holding the microphone and DAT.
Whoops I thought you were the guy with the video cam...
Unremarkable

Post by Unremarkable »

Liz wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:For anyone who was there, I was the dude in the front (at all three shows) in the grey Long Winters "Don't Yell At Me" shirt holding the microphone and DAT.
Whoops I thought you were the guy with the video cam...
So whooooooooo were youuuuuuuuu?
Moni

Post by Moni »

Unremarkable wrote:So whooooooooo were youuuuuuuuu?
Rather in front than back in Cap.Hill and Ballard (missed Fremont... uh...). Sloppy reddish hair, black leather jacket, camera, goofy perma-smile
Unremarkable

Post by Unremarkable »

It looks like Ryan caught the right side of my face in pic #22 (at Freemont).
A Brutaful Smile

Liz wrote:
Unremarkable wrote:So whooooooooo were youuuuuuuuu?
Rather in front than back in Cap.Hill and Ballard (missed Fremont... uh...). Sloppy reddish hair, black leather jacket, camera, goofy perma-smile
I think I know who you were. It was the perma-smile that gave it away. ;)
I think quite a lot of us had those tho. I know I usually do when I see the LW. It just can't be helped. :)
Moni

Do tell.

Post by Moni »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:I think I know who you were. It was the perma-smile that gave it away. ;)
I think quite a lot of us had those tho. I know I usually do when I see the LW. It just can't be helped. :)
Aaaaand you were?....
A Brutaful Smile

Re: Do tell.

Liz wrote:
A Brutaful Smile wrote:I think I know who you were. It was the perma-smile that gave it away. ;)
Aaaaand you were?....
me and the kid had the "no, you are!" shirts.
Moni

Post by Moni »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:me and the kid had the "no, you are!" shirts.
Aah - sorry, didn't recognize your username. Those shirts rocked :)
A Brutaful Smile

Liz wrote: Aah - sorry, didn't recognize your username. Those shirts rocked :)
s'okay...and thanks! :)