INTRO to blue diamonds on VH1

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sattiva

INTRO to blue diamonds on VH1

Post by sattiva »

So here i am being an insomniac watching late night VH1 all access London and hear the familure intro to blue diamonds as a music bed underneth some bullocks about the naked chef jamie oliver holding the position as #3 most whatever londonier. And who says coffee after 10pm is a bad idea....
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

that song gets used a lot in mtv/vh1 shows.

(i sure hope the long winters are getting something for it)
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I read this quickly and thought it was about a naked Jamie Oliver.
just when I was pondering over how that made me feel, I realised it wasn't.
sattiva

Post by sattiva »

A Brutaful Smile
(i sure hope the long winters are getting something for it).

Me too! Half of my intention in posting this was to do all i can to help the boys get their props, the rest was yet another shamless ploy for attention.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

All we're getting is the satisfaction of a job well done. I remember when I was seven years old, in the seventies, I said to my playground friends, "One day I aspire to be one of the men who writes the music that plays in the background of one of the thirty second puff-piece week-in-review fashion segments on one of the celebrity obsessed, filler-as-content programs that show in continuous repeat late at night on the music video channel that spins off from the original music video channel after the first one stops showing music."

And now my youthful dreams are a reality.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Actually, late at night seems to be the only time they don't play that crap. Although the videos that then appear are not much better, that's a whole 'nother kettle o' crap.

I'm so glad I have a car CD player and a computer. I haven't watched a second of 'music' television, nor listened to a moment of OKC radio, in a looooooong time.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

We all know MTV and VH1 for are no good at all, but once in a while we all watch them (some of us more than others), and when I do, I often hear bits and pieces of bands I really like playing behind one of those terrible shows.

This makes perfect sense to me. I imagine that the qualified applicant for a job selecting music to be played on shows at MTV better have some extensive knowledge of music. So that is their chance, their opportunity to show the good people what they like. Of course, no one cares what they like, and MTV continues to play The Killers.
wonderbex

Post by wonderbex »

John wrote:All we're getting is the satisfaction of a job well done. I remember when I was seven years old, in the seventies, I said to my playground friends, "One day I aspire to be one of the men who writes the music that plays in the background of one of the thirty second puff-piece week-in-review fashion segments on one of the celebrity obsessed, filler-as-content programs that show in continuous repeat late at night on the music video channel that spins off from the original music video channel after the first one stops showing music."

King God/Mang has just officially forfeited his chance at ever getting another R&C-friendly :30 excerpt of music ever placed as the background bed of one of those shows that he so clearly loathes. Nyah.

yours,
Filler
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Uuuuuummmmmm!!!!
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

John wrote:All we're getting is the satisfaction of a job well done. I remember when I was seven years old, in the seventies, I said to my playground friends, "One day I aspire to be one of the men who writes the music that plays in the background of one of the thirty second puff-piece week-in-review fashion segments on one of the celebrity obsessed, filler-as-content programs that show in continuous repeat late at night on the music video channel that spins off from the original music video channel after the first one stops showing music."

way to have a dream. you were definitely thinking ahead of your time.
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

hey, when i was young i almost got hit by this limo that the monkeys were in.

i hea r by declare to take over bop magazine and to keep its contents as is-but ill be happy to make john the next teen heart throb fo r the tweenies- fashion line here comes john!
benmarwood

Post by benmarwood »

John wrote:"One day I aspire to be one of the men who writes the music that plays in the background of one of the thirty second puff-piece week-in-review fashion segments on one of the celebrity obsessed, filler-as-content programs that show in continuous repeat late at night on the music video channel that spins off from the original music video channel after the first one stops showing music."

i always thought you should never set your goals in life too high in case things don't work out, but this great news shows you can achieve your highest of goals if you just believe.