new long winters song!

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

rusty

new long winters song!

Post by rusty »

i got the new issue of spin today (death cab on the cover) and it came with a free sampler, including two new dcfc songs, new nada surf, a bloc party song, and a couple others. oh, and a new long winters song! its called "delicate hands" and i like it. maybe i'll post it later if i feel like it.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

OMG!!! Delicate Hands oneof my favorite of the old Western State Hurricanes songs (second only to Nora). After I post this I am immediately going to the store to pick up the magazine. Thanks for the heads up!
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

i love you guys
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

would that be Spin, the magazine for dryer manufacturers, or that rock mag that had the audicity to call Cinnamon "a bit pukeworthy" in a review for the Wedding Crashers soundtrack

only just saw that review because I was trying to find more info about the sampler on the Spin website, but there is virtually no mention of the paper version on the whole frigging website, which just goes to show </cut rant about Spin, maybe some of you actually like it>

if anyone could let me know details of the sampler, like the number and date of the issue it comes with (and if you're really kind, the full playlist, I like to be thorough), I can add it to the Library
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

Well, after an exhaustive search all around town, I am led to believe that the new issue has yet to hit shelves, and the only people who have it so far are subscribers. So Mr. Rusty, if you could post the track, that would be super!
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

God, screw Spin. You bet I'll buy that issue, but I'll totally frown when I pay for it!
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

I'd say it might be a good idea to check with the band before anyone posts a so far unreleased song here - netiquette and so on.
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

Oh, and in case there are people who read Spin and got to know the band through this sampler and stop by here to see what's up: welcome! Don't be discouraged because some of us are dissing your mag - feel free to disagree.

This sure is cool profile for the band, and it's exciting to see a new song popping up all of a sudden. Forgot to say that earlier, I was a bit dismayed by the pukeworthy review, but then again the reviewer was called ms. Grose, which is only a short step from </cut making fun of people's names isn't nice>
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

I doubt the band sees any revenue from people who go out and buy Spin, so as long as we promise, (promise, PROMISE!) to but the EP when it comes out (which IS a given, right? I mean, it has Ultimatum on it!), I don't *think* they'd cry.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

i'm a subscriber (although i didn't pay to get said magazine), and i don't have mine - GRRRRR
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

sour29 wrote:I doubt the band sees any revenue from people who go out and buy Spin, so as long as we promise, (promise, PROMISE!) to but the EP when it comes out (which IS a given, right? I mean, it has Ultimatum on it!), I don't *think* they'd cry.

Well, duh. I mean, even if all the songs were R. Kelly covers I'd still have it on pre-order.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I'm waiting for Barsuk to even mention that it's coming, let alone offer a preorder. I guess they're too busy promoting Vanderslice, Nada Surf, and Death Cab. It's going to be a good fall for Team Barsuk.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Yeah I noticed that when I went to their website today.
rusty

Post by rusty »

as much as id love to post the song, i do not want to upset the great john roderick. he was definitely the highlight of sxsw for me.

its funny. i was at the mall at waldenbooks and they had last month's issue of spin [foo fighters cover.] i go to wal mart [where i work] and saw new spin with dcfc cover (sept 2005, no issue #.) i opened it up on the car ride home and saw the long winters on there and skipped right to it.

but yeah, with this being out, you'd think that barsuk would have something posted or mr. roderick would've let us know. maybe the issue wasn't due to hit shelves til a certain day. that happens alot sometimes, where geographically an issue might reach the store and hit the shelf before it's suppose to street date. it's not like an album though where it must wait til said date. alas, im sure camp barsuk will post something on the ep/lp soon. and if mr roderick comes on here and sees this and ok's this, i'll post the song.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

Oh, yeah, by the way, we have a song on a CD that comes with the new Spin.

-john
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

That review is horrible.

I never liked Spin. In fact, most music magazines disappoint me. Under The Radar, however, was really cool until I couldn't find an issue up here in NY. I really dug that magazine.
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Under the Radar is freakin' awesome. That's definitely my top. DIW is cool too.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

John wrote:Oh, yeah, by the way, we have a song on a CD that comes with the new Spin.

But do we really, REALLY have to buy Spin to hear it? Really?

Especially after what they said about Cinnamon. :\
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

No, the version on the Spin sampler is actually a poorly mastered version of a song on the upcoming EP, so the only reason to buy Spin is to get to the ads in the back and buy a stick-on transparency of Calvin peeing on the Chevy logo.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I think I have a non-sexual male crush on you, John.