show last night

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

paul

show last night

Post by paul »

Great show last night in Atlanta!
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

It was amazing! I'd never seen The Long Winters before, but I'd been listening to them for about a month. Any band that opens for Keane HAS to be good. I wish their set was longer, though...

Anyhow, Mike gave me their setlist and it goes as follows:

Stupid
Carparts
The Sound of Coming Down
Cinnamon
Scared Straight
Delicate Hands
Blue Diamonds
Shapes
Scent of Lime

It was funny... John sat down to the keyboard, and I was in the front and I yelled, "Medicine Cabinet Pirate!!!!" and he looked out to the crowd and gave a look like, "Who said that?" I waved and he pointed at me and touched his nose.. .I got all excited thinking they were gonna play it but, they didn't. *grumble*

Afterwards, while I was getting Richard and Tim (from Keane) to sign my stuff, John came out and I asked why he didn't play it. He said he wanted to, but Mike didn't want to do it... I looked very cross, but... I told him and Eric that they did such a great set that I wasn't too upset.

So, if they eventually do Medicine Cabinet Pirate, that means Mike finally learned it, and thank them from me.

Bottom Line:
Great show, generous and gracious guys.

They are also selling their EP at their shows, but I didn't grab one.... I didn't want to pull out money in the middle of 100+ people.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

great setlist!
keep 'em coming, and reviews too, makes me feel I'm there
Madison County Potroast

Post by Madison County Potroast »

Jeannette311 wrote: It was funny... John sat down to the keyboard, and I was in the front and I yelled, "Medicine Cabinet Pirate!!!!" and he looked out to the crowd and gave a look like, "Who said that?" I waved and he pointed at me and touched his nose.. .I got all excited thinking they were gonna play it but, they didn't. *grumble*

Next time, you know what to shout:

<-------------------
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

Yes this is all great, but was Keane any good???
Squid

Post by Squid »

Karousme wrote:Yes this is all great, but was Keane any good???

Exaaaaactly. Should've shouted for them to play Medicine Cabinet Pirate. Let's all do our part to keep these performers on their toes, eh? Indeed.
Squid

Post by Squid »

ps: Actually, since we've got new people here, i should amend the above with a welcome to jeannette311, a thank you for the set list, and a warning that many of us are total smartasses.

and by many of us, i mean me.
Jeannette311

Post by Jeannette311 »

It's cool. I'm also a smartass (Yeah, I gave Tom from Keane hair curlers yesterday. And in June I gave them Woolite for Dark Colors b/c Tom's clothes were a little faded.... Keane knows my sesne of humor. I'm sure they grumble whenever I show up! LOL!).

ANYHOW! Keane was AWESOME! I've seen them 3 times this year and they keep getting better each time. I have a HUGE review of the whole show to do, so if it's okay I'll post it later when I finish.

And thanks for the welcome. It's a nice small community. I like that!

Jeannette
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Maaaan, I'd kick an old lady for that EP. I'm saying you should have bought it. ALSO, welcome aboard (get it?)
Jeannette311

Post by Jeannette311 »

Yarn wrote:Maaaan, I'd kick an old lady for that EP. I'm saying you should have bought it. ALSO, welcome aboard (get it?)

I get it! No worries. It'll be on sale next month! Seriously, though.. there were people begging for money like a few yards from me, and they were getting kinda violent. I had to cash my whole paycheck so I had a lot of money I didn't want stolen! ;D
carlitos

Post by carlitos »

Yarn wrote:Maaaan, I'd kick an old lady for that EP. I'm saying you should have bought it. ALSO, welcome aboard (get it?)

You should. It rules. The EP, that is, not kicking old ladies.

I am especially partial to "Everything is Talking".
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

Any chance "Kicking Old Ladies" will be the title of the upcoming LP?

I'd buy it.
Flying Nelly

Post by Flying Nelly »

Tom from Keane does not need hair curlers. He's practically a walking Goldilocks as it is.

Hello, though. Nice to see a familiar face. ;) And thank you for the setlist... even if I'm not going to be able to see TLW live for, well, ever at this rate... :(
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

No You Are wrote:Any chance "Kicking Old Ladies" will be the title of the upcoming LP?.

Only if it happens to be a line from the 8th track.

Yes, but what does it mean?
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

I think it has something to do with ninja throwing stars.
lifeincolor

Post by lifeincolor »

Jeannette!! Awesome, you joined too! You lot here that have known about these guys forever are so lucky. Just having discovered them two nights ago, I'd like to say that they rocked all of us out forthwith, we became instant fans.

And the EP is definitely worth kicking old people over. It was my treat to myself, and I enjoyed it immensely, so now I'm beating myself up because I didn't get When I Pretend To Fall as well. Hey, I only had $10, I'm sorry guys! Beats handing an apple to a guy begging for money. *snort* Also, "Everything Is Talking" is a #1 smash hit in my opinion. ;)

Eric, John, Mike and Nabil, you will forever be on my "awesomely awesome people who rock" list. I have one of those. Keane's on there too. (Hell yes, their show WAS good- nay, GREAT.) I know this makes me sound dorky and all, but I put the seal tab from the OJ on my key ring and wrote "The Long Winters" on it. Don't let it scare you! :)

Jeannette, we were going to scream at them to play Medicine Cabinet but we didn't get the chance! We were going to do it for you as promised. Guess being THIS CLOSE to the stage was too disorienting for me- I do apologize!
Yarn

Post by Yarn »

Eye <3 U

I think it would be great to have discovered TLW two nights ago. Why you ask? Well, I'll tell you! You have tons of new-to-you Long Winters music waiting for you on record shelves world-wide . . . and that's awesome!

'Cause, us fans who have been into them for a long while (or at least since the last record) have been waiting, ahem, too long for any new music. Which is why people like myself are so friggin' stoked about the new EP that I'd kick. . . well, you know my thoughts on it.
lifeincolor

Post by lifeincolor »

I can see your point, friend. :) Have those guys been stringing their releases out to the point of frustration? Tsk! If so, I'm going to be glad I just discovered them. May I still be allowed to beat myself up for not having bought the new LP? Please say yes! Sometimes one just needs to beat one's self- it's the way of life.
Georgia Girl

Post by Georgia Girl »

Well after seeing the band two nights in a row I have to say I am very impressed. They did really well, even in the face of technical difficulties last night in Nashville. The amp did not want to work and eventually a Keane roadie had to help out but the band laughed it off...brilliant!

I took a few pictures of the band, although didn't manage to get all of them on film.

After the show last night a few of us got to hang out with the band for about an hour as they were packing up the van. They were so friendly and it was great to have a chat with them and just see them being themselves. A very humble and terrible band!!
Jeannette311

Post by Jeannette311 »

AGH! All my BOARDIE BUDS!!!!!

Nelly.. He doesn't need curlers, but as there had been the discussion that his hair looked like it had been flat-ironed, I thought it would be a funny gag gift. Besides, Rich got it and thought it was funny! =D

*twirls*

I am so happy to see ya'll here! Now we just need to get TLW to get their bums in the studio, on tour somewhere near us, and wait.. .Mike wore that shirt in Atlanta.... LOL! Someone needs to bring him a shirt! ;D

Seriously, though, thanks for thinking of me... I really do love that song. So, of course I listened to it all day until; yes, folks; my 6 year old daughter knows the words. I wonder if I can get her on my camera singing it? I'll post it if she does! LOL!