Dear Diary

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Yarn
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm
Location: North Bend, WA

Dear Diary

Postby Yarn » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:20 pm

Well everyone, It's been exactly one year (sept. 22, '04) since John wrote the "Funky Martin Luther" diary entry, his last. I would have pointed this out at 1:03 PM but I was driving to get my hurr cut.

I thought this was worth noting, and I don't think I'm alone when I say that I would really like to see another entry.

User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:16 am

there is of course the new bio page, which shouldn't be discarded lightly, since it took him 1,5 years to write... and don't forget the pimped up myspace entries

User avatar
LoveSickJerk
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:02 pm
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Buffalo, NY et al.
Contact:

Re: Dear Diary

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:21 am

Yarn wrote: to get my hurr cut.


What exactly is "hurr" and why do you cut it?

galleta
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:12 am
Location: galletaland
Contact:

diary

Postby galleta » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:20 am

I've been visiting this site once a week for about a year and a half with the only intention to read a new diary entry. I suppose that the blog craze going on around may have somtehing to do with dear John's reticence to write anything of interest for the populace (that's us), besides songs, I mean. Still, my fan-in-love condition allows me to be patient for at least a few months more. Hopefully, I won't have to wait so long.

B
ps- In the meanwhile, I'll do my best to improve my English, so I will miss none of the rude jokes of forthcoming entries.

Jeannette311
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:23 am
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Postby Jeannette311 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:20 am

I noticed that yesterday.....I forgot to ask them about it on Tuesday.

User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Postby Squid » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:24 pm

Liesbeth wrote:there is of course the new bio page, which shouldn't be discarded lightly, since it took him 1,5 years to write... and don't forget the pimped up myspace entries


That reminds me, is myspace persona, "i never said that i was brave" on here? They posted a "Tears For Fears reunion" caption in the TLW myspace photos that had me in hysterics.

y bienvenidos galleta! we had other people on from BCN, wonder where they went...

Yarn
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm
Location: North Bend, WA

Postby Yarn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:26 pm

Liesbeth wrote:there is of course the new bio page, which shouldn't be discarded lightly, since it took him 1,5 years to write... and don't forget the pimped up myspace entries


Oh I know, they were wonderful, in fact, I only took note of the Diray because i checked that out after the new Bio's.

As for you, LoveSickJerk, You be hatin' on my sarcastic use of ebonics?

User avatar
Moni
Posts: 1757
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:18 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Musikverein

Postby Moni » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:48 am


User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3259
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:32 am

great stuff (gotta love John's geologic at work there) but why is the east/south entry cut short when it's starting to get really interesting?

User avatar
Merlin
Kaiser of Nerds
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:52 pm
Location: San Francisco, Calif.
Contact:

Postby Merlin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:09 am

Liesbeth wrote:great stuff (gotta love John's geologic at work there) but why is the east/south entry cut short when it's starting to get really interesting?

Because, as with everything, he lives to vex people.

Yarn
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm
Location: North Bend, WA

Postby Yarn » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:44 pm

Oh yeaaaaah! What timing.

Well, it seems that explains the Decemberist trash-talking John did on the boards, which I remember left quite a few of us a little confused.

Jeannette311
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:23 am
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Postby Jeannette311 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:34 pm

He's so right about SC.. I live in SC and it's totally true. *pukes*

If I have to see one more man+woman=marriage bumper sticker I will scream!

mildlyrestarted
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:26 pm
Location: 98115
Contact:

Postby mildlyrestarted » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:46 pm

..but in actual fact they drive just as poorly as the residents of rural Wisconson, who set the standard for shitty driving world-wide.


psssh. whatever, john. i drive damn well. but maybe that's because i'm from rural Wisconsin.

User avatar
zach
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Green Lake, Seattle, WA, US of A
Contact:

Postby zach » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:09 pm

Yarn wrote:Well, it seems that explains the Decemberist trash-talking John did on the boards, which I remember left quite a few of us a little confused.


Indeed. I was quite confused. But nothing he said before quite compared in hillarity to the comments he made in that journal entry:
John Roderick wrote:But then the feud kinda petered-out, so I asked the Decemberists what had happened to our mock-feud, and they said that they had stopped feuding with us because they were afraid that they might hurt our feelings.

Is that not the SISSIEST THING YOU’VE EVER HEARD?? They are unbelieveable. I’m sure they apologize to their poo before they flush it.

theplacidcasual
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

uh huh

Postby theplacidcasual » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:07 pm

im the kid that uses 'i never said that i was brave' as my ... er ... myspace name

im a dick.

User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: uh huh

Postby Squid » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:39 pm

theplacidcasual wrote:im the kid that uses 'i never said that i was brave' as my ... er ... myspace name

im a dick.


YAY! *applause* Best.Caption.Ever.

galleta
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:12 am
Location: galletaland
Contact:

hilarious

Postby galleta » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:16 am

'I’m sure they apologize to their poo before they flush it.'


a PhD right??

theplacidcasual
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:02 pm
Contact:

Postby theplacidcasual » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 am

im glad you enjoyed it squid.

thats probly mr squid to me.

the 2nd pic posted (b&w of j-rod oddly grasping his guitar) once had a caption i added about how he looked like a young robin williams (mork & mindy days)


now everyone go listen to clap yer hands say yeah

clapyourhandssayyeah.com

User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Postby Squid » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:30 am

theplacidcasual wrote:thats probly mr squid to me.


Ms., actually, but your concern is nonetheless appreciated.

theplacidcasual wrote:now everyone go listen to clap yer hands say yeah
clapyourhandssayyeah.com


Iiiiii dunno dude. That was the Big Buzz Show @ CMJ this year, and I heard some mp3s but their name made me want to run screaming from any building I happened to be in. Since you say they are nifty, however, I will go give them another real listen.

(Ps: Placid Casual = SFA reference, correct?)

Yarn
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm
Location: North Bend, WA

Postby Yarn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Maaan, I so have a Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on the autumn mix swap cd I've already begun picking track for!


Return to “Give Me a Moment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests