Dear Diary

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

theplacidcasual

Postby theplacidcasual » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 pm

my gut reaction to pinning mr on you makes me either:

a misogynist (girls cant be squids)

or

a dick (which i already am)

sorry.

yer the 2nd person to give me the "hand" to talk to when it comes to clap yer hands ...

i havent read magnet or big takeover in months - so im clueless as to whats overhyped ... but when i went down south a few weeks ago to shop for thrifty store clothes and cheap indie rawk cds - the lovely girl behind the counter at lunamusic(.net) pointed out that their cd would be up my alley (considering the other selections i had made)

to me - the first track is total danielson(famile) meets gene defcon - after that its all talking heads (read: david byrne) meets hefner

i love it - its the closest ive come to crack ... well - i guess my first real taste of crack was miles davis "on the corner"

Squid

Postby Squid » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:07 am

theplacidcasual wrote:my gut reaction to pinning mr on you makes me either: a misogynist (girls cant be squids)

no worries whatsoever. we used to have avatars here, (before a security threat sadly forced our UberWebLord Merlin to take them down), and that's pretty much the only way the folks on this board knew I was a chick. That and my constant talk of "prom" and "Ryan Cabrera" and "spray-on tanning".

theplacidcasual wrote:i love it - its the closest ive come to crack ... well - i guess my first real taste of crack was miles davis "on the corner"

Like I said, good enough for me. I'll definitely hear them out.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”