The St. Louis gig...

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

theplacidcasual

Post by theplacidcasual »

theyve had that on there since (at least) the 23rd of sept

i dont think theres any correlation ... personally i think the long winters sound more like cherish the ladies than barenaked ladies - but thats just me
Emm

Re: The St. Louis gig...

Post by Emm »

Jessie wrote:I first saw The Long Winters when they opened for Keane at the Pageant in St. Louis, Missouri (September 25th). They frickin rocked!!! They were absolutely lovely as could be, and really got the crowd pumped!

Just thought I'd share my first experience with everyone ;-) If anyone else was there at the show let me know what you thought too!

Yes, the show was incredible. I have pics, but they aren't available from where I am at right now.

P.S. Okay, I lied. I do have one pic available. Here it is.

Yarn

Post by Yarn »

theplacidcasual wrote:theyve had that on there since (at least) the 23rd of sept

i dont think theres any correlation ... personally i think the long winters sound more like cherish the ladies than barenaked ladies - but thats just me

Well, we all agree they sound like ladies.

I had to.
lifeincolor

Post by lifeincolor »

Just for the record, I didn't mean I thought they sounded alike, they're both just different and....like I said a million times in that previous post, quirky. You can't argue with quirky. ;)
theplacidcasual

dont let the (sometimes) rugged beard fool ya ... john is super feminine ... hes wicked nasty at slap fights

barenaked ladies are cool only when the guy with glasses sings ... hes very somber and quite emotive ... whereas that other guy just wants to rap and sing songs about apples
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Whoa, am I looking at that picture wrong, or...WHERE'S THE BEARD?!?!?!?

I ended up with the day off the day of the Tempe, AZ thing. I could've gone, except I got off from the night before at around 7.00 that morning and couldn't make a 15-hour drive in less than 12. *pout*

I know, I know, I should've quit my job and gone to a show or two. *sigh* I guess I'm not a real fan.

(What is it w/this compulsion to figure out who else a band 'sounds like'? Idongeddit.)
theplacidcasual

i believe (could be wrong) that grouping sound-a-like bands runs as far back as the mayan civilization ... its been used more recently by the cmj society - who tweaked it into: recommended if you like ... similar to alternative press

i think its fun bc then i can confuse people ... my favorite method is the "fight comparison"

example: if smashing pumpkins got in a fight with en vogue and the red hot chili peppers broke it up - youd have: _____________!

np-sammy davis jr_at the cocoanut grove
Jessie

Re: The St. Louis gig...

Post by Jessie »

Emm wrote:
Yes, the show was incredible. I have pics, but they aren't available from where I am at right now.

P.S. Okay, I lied. I do have one pic available. Here it is.

aww that's a great picture! brings back memories :-( I'll go try and find some of the ones I took.
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

Hey, I can see my hand in that picture behind the really bright date stamp! :D Those were the days... the civilian, the-Air-Force-doesn't-completely-pwn-me days. ;) Can't complain though. :D

Karissa :)
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

KarissaEB wrote:Hey, I can see my hand in that picture behind the really bright date stamp! :D Those were the days... the civilian, the-Air-Force-doesn't-completely-pwn-me days. ;) Can't complain though. :D

KARISSAAAAAA! WELCOME HOME!!!!!

I haven't been on the Keane boards much... so glad you are back!

*hugs*
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

Jeannette311 wrote:
KarissaEB wrote:Hey, I can see my hand in that picture behind the really bright date stamp! :D Those were the days... the civilian, the-Air-Force-doesn't-completely-pwn-me days. ;) Can't complain though. :D

KARISSAAAAAA! WELCOME HOME!!!!!

I haven't been on the Keane boards much... so glad you are back!

*hugs*

LUFF!!!! :D :D :D Thanks for the welcome back! :D I'm trying to get to the boards when I can - which isn't a lot, because tech school keeps me really busy... Someday I'll get some pictures up. :P

*HUGS* back! (I saw the Keane DVD - HOLY CRAP AWESOME. John, when do we get a TLW DVD??)

Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Ooo yes I want to see your pictures Karissa! Maybe you posted some on the Keane forum and I just missed them, lol. Oh well.

That would be lovely to see a TLW dvd! Maybe if we keep bugging John about it he'll make us one ;-)
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

KarissaEB wrote:...Those were the days... the civilian, the-Air-Force-doesn't-completely-pwn-me days...

The Air Force pwns you? I am merely an apprentice geek, but I think that means something...the Air Force shouldn't be doing to you.
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

nwheather wrote:
KarissaEB wrote:...Those were the days... the civilian, the-Air-Force-doesn't-completely-pwn-me days...

The Air Force pwns you? I am merely an apprentice geek, but I think that means something...the Air Force shouldn't be doing to you.

LOL - well, technically, I am government property now. So the Air Force owns me. :D And they tell me what I am and am not allowed to do and all that jazz... good times. :)

Jessie - pictures will come when I get home from visiting relatives for Christmas. They're all on my computer at home. :D

Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Cool beans. I hope your Christmas was fabulous!
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Does anyone know the setlist for this show? I can't remember for the life of me any of the songs they did!
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

for shame!

I was surprised to actually find a setlist in the Library (click here and go all the way down to 2005), but then I remembered someone snatched a setlist for this show, I don't remember who to thank for this:

Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Oh my goodness thank you! I knew they did Scent of Lime, and Blue Diamonds, but for some odd reason those were the only ones I remembered. Oh well, cheers for that list! :)