Cinnamon serenades Kong-goers in L.A.

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

meatwad

Cinnamon serenades Kong-goers in L.A.

Post by meatwad »

It's shortly after 6pm Saturday on King Kong's opening weekend, and I'm exiting the sold-out 3pm show at the Cinerama Dome at the Arclight Cinema in L.A. This is probably the best theater in town, and the courtyard between the theaters and the parking lot is packed to the gills with holiday moviegoers.

Gradually, it dawns on me that I am not hallucinating, that in fact that IS "Cinnamon" coming over the PA system, serenading the masses.

This is, of course, as it should be, but I wish I knew who to thank...
lagomorph

Both of them.

Post by lagomorph »

Santa, of course.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

Every time Cinnamon plays to people waiting for King Kong, an angel gets its wings.

It didn't play for me, but the movie still rocked.
icapants

Post by icapants »

Dude, that freaks me out for some reason.
I mean c'mon. A giant ape thing? And all the screaming and shooting? Whatevs dude. Not my thing.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

But it teaches us so many lessons about life. Mostly, don't take pictures of a giant monkey or he will freak out, break through his chains and ravage your town.

If only everyone watched this movie... think of the lives that could have been saved....
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

I'd make myself see KK if only I were promised that I could hear "Cinnamon" while waiting for it to show. But then I'm remembered that I can listen to it for free in my car, at home, or wherever I take my iPod.

That's cool though. They never play anything good at my movie theater.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I can't wait to see King Kong... A 25 foot ape who falls in love with a beautiful blond? Written by a WWII general? Some critics call it the greatest adventure in the history of film. The depression era original saved RKO from bankruptcy.

Personally, I used to go out of my way to see foreign/art films. Now that I live in a place where I have to go out of way to see a big dumb American action adventure...I am willing to go so much farther out of my way. Movies are American. And American movies are big and unapologetically dumb. And wonderful.

(....and I hear the wait in line music ain't bad either.)
Jessie

Post by Jessie »

Hmm...wish they played good music like that at my theater!
KarissaEB

Post by KarissaEB »

How awesome! The movie was incredible - I loved it. I wish they had played Cinnamon for us too! But I actually had it stuck in my head at the time, so it played for me. In my head. Yesh.