sxsw 2006

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

sxsw 2006

Post by Liesbeth »

first listing, A to Z: hint, check under L
Squid

Post by Squid »

Holy Shit, Lord Fyre is playing?! This is going to be the best sxsw ever.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

grrr. posts on two boards = twice the aggravation.
Squid

Post by Squid »

oops, what'd I do, chelsea?
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

I think I'm to blame, I just got so excited I posted the list on the Barsuk board as well. I mean, Lord Fyre!
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Liesbeth wrote:I think I'm to blame, I just got so excited I posted the list on the Barsuk board as well. I mean, Lord Fyre!

exactly.

i'm trying to tell myself that i'm happy for everyone who can go. but am i really? hmm...
icapants

Post by icapants »

chelsea wrote:i'm trying to tell myself that i'm happy for everyone who can go. but am i really? hmm...

THE ANSWER THAT IS CORRECT IS THE ANSWER "NO".

stupid people, stupid excitement, stupid broke ass girl who cant go even though she knows people in the area she could stay with but just cant afford a plane ticket/admission ticket things.

I'm going to spend that time in bed. Being sad. VERY SAD.
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

think of it this way: over 6 billion people on this planet won't be there either, just like you and me.
but then again, if you want to stay in bed for 9 days, who am I to tell you not to?
Squid

Post by Squid »

chelsea wrote:i'm trying to tell myself that i'm happy for everyone who can go. but am i really? hmm...

:(

For the record, that's why I had to pass on NYE in SEA. I'm trying to be a grownup and not blow every cent I have on travel. Prioritizing sucks.
zach

Post by zach »

$525... gah!
chadham

sxsw 2006

Post by chadham »

For those in Austin or that will be coming in I'll be hosting my annual party at which JRod has played the past two years solo...I believe we'll have the entire band this year...

Details at the website: www.chetlemon.com

It will be updated soon once I lock down the lineup but I believe right now that Pink Mountaintops, the Lemurs and Viva Voce are in.
Squid

Re: sxsw 2006

Post by Squid »

chadham wrote:For those in Austin or that will be coming in I'll be hosting my annual party at which JRod has played the past two years solo...I believe we'll have the entire band this year...

It will be updated soon once I lock down the lineup but I believe right now that Pink Mountaintops, the Lemurs and Viva Voce are in.

sweet! and it looks like you're outside the typical 6th St. corridor, no? I'd love to get to know more of the city, so that would be cool.

This to anyone: is there also an actual Barsuk showcase? Or are the bands all over? Just want to keep an eye out.
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

Yep, there will be a Barsuk showcase, or so Forrest said over on the Barsuk board. Don't think a date has been mentioned anywhere yet.
grant
wears the boots

Post by grant »

If any of you do attend SXSW, be sure to stop by the mp3 blog panel and say hello for me to Matthew from Fluxblog. I know him from elsewhere on the web (and always enjoy a chance to appear ubiquitous).

Actually, I wonder if there's some kind of secret message you could give him that would puzzle him then make him laugh. I'll have to think about that.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Squid wrote:
This to anyone: is there also an actual Barsuk showcase? Or are the bands all over? Just want to keep an eye out.

We have an evening showcase with Saddle Creek and two day parties.

Uh-huh.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Forrest wrote:We have an evening showcase with Saddle Creek and two day parties. Uh-huh.

Man, the calendar is filling up by the second! And that's not even counting "visiting" people for grant and "delivering" his "messages".

You know, the usual.
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

Hooray for the SXEastAustin BBQ. That was my favorite day show in 2004.

Judging from the bands list which was updated today, a Barsuk showcase might include Nada Surf, The Long Winters, Mates of State, The Starlight Mints, John Vanderslice, Viva Voce, and Rocky Votolato?

You people are mad. Mad! Forrest, especially.
Jeannette311
Location: Screaming for Medicine Cabinet Pirate at a TLW gig near you!

Post by Jeannette311 »

I'd really love to go to SXSW this year but I'm spending all my money on a trip to Myrtle Beach and another to NY and Toronto..... MAybe next year.
ds_in_sf

Post by ds_in_sf »

For those in Austin or that will be coming in I'll be hosting my annual party at which JRod has played the past two years solo...I believe we'll have the entire band this year...

I'm in for SXSW again this year and have started trying to figure out which parties to hit. I skipped this party last year, though looking at that lineup now, I'm not sure why. If the Lemurs (www.mySpace.com/theLemurs) are playing this year, there's no way I'm missing this thing.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

What day is the Barsuk thing, because I want to go see Minus 5 on 3/17--holy crap, that's St. Patty's Day!!--but I can only make one day IF at all, and if they're both the same day, well, that would make my day!

Noticed the party's on the 17th...can I RSVP with 'Damn, I hope so, but I really don't freaking know'?? 'Cause I don't. Re: the line up, what happened to Viva Voce? Just curious...