for those in Oz or Europe

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

for those in Oz or Europe

Post by Liesbeth »

for those in Australia longing for some Long Winters during their summer, the sanity.com webshop lists the release date for Ultimatum to be 30 January. The disc could be yours for a mere 16.09 AUD (I have no idea how much that is, really).
User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Post by Liesbeth »

wow, search a little more, and come across some European release dates as well. A German website lists a UK-import as of the 30th of January. And in the Munich Records release list from the 18th Ultimatum is among the upcoming releases for 13 February. That would be for NL and Belgium.
User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: for those in Oz or Europe

Post by Squid »

Liesbeth wrote:for those in Australia longing for some Long Winters during their summer, the sanity.com webshop lists the release date for Ultimatum to be 30 January. The disc could be yours for a mere 16.09 AUD (I have no idea how much that is, really).


16.09 Australian Dollar = 9.86572 Euro

16.09 Australian Dollar = 12.11175 US Dollar

Gotta love OANDA.
User avatar
Moni
Posts: 1757
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:18 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Musikverein

Post by Moni »

Liesbeth wrote:wow, search a little more, and come across some European release dates as well. A German website lists a UK-import as of the 30th of January. And in the Munich Records release list from the 18th Ultimatum is among the upcoming releases for 13 February. That would be for NL and Belgium.


Indigo is going to release the European version on March 17 now
User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Post by Liesbeth »

I have been looking out for it, but haven't seen any sign of it having been released here - not in shops, not in reviews. Maybe closer to the tour?
User avatar
Fi
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:42 pm
Location: sydney aust.

Post by Fi »

Thats awesome - an Australian release, hurrah! , or as they would say in these parts, "you bloody ripper". I had planned on getting mine sent over from the US. Maybe I should wait, and contribute to the local sales figures, which might help the tour cause. hmm. Thanks for the tip off.
User avatar
Like_a_zero
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:33 am
Location: essex/UK
Contact:

so glad!

Post by Like_a_zero »

Im so glad Long Winters are coming to the UK with Centro-matic again,Borderline is nice little venue in London, there are lists of the bands that play there on the walls, Harvey Danger are up there with a gig in the early nineties, anyway, love you guys, its been too long!
Mike McCusker
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:05 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Post by Mike McCusker »

Are the UK dates finalised yet? Why would you do Newport over Manchester?

Come here. I will buy the beer.
User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Post by Liesbeth »

Manchester? First time I heard of it.
A gig there, I mean, not the city.
User avatar
Moni
Posts: 1757
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:18 am
Current Heading: Ascending
Location: Musikverein

Re: so glad!

Post by Moni »

Like_a_zero wrote:Im so glad Long Winters are coming to the UK with Centro-matic again,Borderline is nice little venue in London, there are lists of the bands that play there on the walls, Harvey Danger are up there with a gig in the early nineties, anyway, love you guys, its been too long!

R.E.M. (aka Bingo Hand Job) played a show there with Petwer Holsapple, Robyn Hitchcock and Billy Bragg 14 years ago. It's everybody's favorite bootleg today.
User avatar
Squid
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:52 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by Squid »

Liesbeth wrote:Manchester? First time I heard of it.
A gig there, I mean, not the city.


I saw a couple of great shows at the Apollo.
User avatar
Liesbeth
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 4:27 am
Current Heading: West
Location: megaland
Contact:

Post by Liesbeth »

the Apollo can hold 3500, I'm thinking it might be slightly unrealistic to expect Centro-matic and John to be playing there at this stage
Mike McCusker
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:05 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Post by Mike McCusker »

How much do you guys need? I can run the show if you have a date free.
Post Reply