Austin City Limits show, September 2006

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Austin City Limits show, September 2006

Post by Liesbeth »

from the High Road Touring website:

Fri Sep 15 '06 (EDIT: time TBA)
Zilker Park-Austin City Limits Music Festival
Austin, TX
Last edited by Liesbeth on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Post by NatureBoy »

But playing this festival doesn't mean they'll be on the TV show, right?
GMM

Post by GMM »

NatureBoy wrote:Playing this festival means they'll be on the TV show, right?

Fixed. ¬_¬
chadham

ACL Music Fest

Post by chadham »

I don't think they have released the times for ACL Fest yet but my friend that works for CSE that puts on that fest told me they were playing Sat. afternoon...of course that is all subject to change...

And as for the TV show...playing the fest does not mean they will be on the TV show...there are a few of the bands taping but TLW will not be one of them from what I know at this point...

Not only TLW but also Rocky will be playing ACL Fest.

I also have heard that TLW will be touring with Austin's What Milwaukee Made Famous in late summer/fall...this is a killer double bill.
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

I downloaded Rocky's album -- the one that was released before Barsuk got their hands on it -- and Barsuk ended up cutting a couple of my favourite tracks from the disc, and added a song or two that did absolutely nothing for me. So now I can't buy the album. :(
middswing

Post by middswing »

The Austin City Limits Music Festival schedule hasn't been finalized, as far as I know, but all the info is here:

http://www.aclfestival.com/default.aspx

They generally set up five or so stages across the soccer fields in a nice corner of Zilker Park. But, being soccer fields, there's not much shade and it can be crazy dusty. They're working on that. I'm not sure if they've fixed the solar angle delights of facing due west and having your favorite bands backlit by blinding rays of sunshine. I hear Wilco is a lovely band, but if you come, bring sunglasses, a big silly hat, and a sense of humor.

The festival is NOT the same thing as the long-running PBS show. The show is filmed over several months at an indoor studio on the University of Texas campus here in Austin. The festival was designed (I think) as a way of inviting both up-and-coming acts and crowd favorites as an alternative to sxsw in March and as a way to bank on the prestige of ACL.

Very few bands get invited to tape at ACL, but they have plans to tape parts of the festival, depending on budget.

Questions?
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

great line-up http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx, but where did you see Wilco (who are more than just lovely, they're freaking amazing)?
middswing

Post by middswing »

Sorry, that run-on sentence up there was my bad attempt at a joke.

Wilco played the first ACL Festival a few years ago. It was right when "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" was getting popular. It was a great show, but I had to squint to see the drummer between all the solar glare. So, I'm hoping ACL organizers have realized that west-facing audiences and sunset are not the best combo. There also tend to be secret shows or surprise shows at night. So, much like with sxsw, it pays to read the internet.
The Engine Driver

Post by The Engine Driver »

sour29 wrote:I downloaded Rocky's album -- the one that was released before Barsuk got their hands on it -- and Barsuk ended up cutting a couple of my favourite tracks from the disc, and added a song or two that did absolutely nothing for me. So now I can't buy the album. :(

where'd you download this?
heather

Post by heather »

sour29 wrote:I downloaded Rocky's album -- the one that was released before Barsuk got their hands on it -- and Barsuk ended up cutting a couple of my favourite tracks from the disc, and added a song or two that did absolutely nothing for me. So now I can't buy the album. :(

wait. why can't you buy the album now? i am confused.
middswing

Post by middswing »

Well, this isn't the FINAL official schedule, but:

http://www.aclfestival.com/schedule/day2.htm

It seems that the time slot is SATURDAY from 4:30 - 5:15 PM (thankfully, not against Okkervil River, but right after Nada Surf, so some sprinting might be in order).
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

Oops. Missed a couple of questions....

I downloaded it on IndieTorrents. Or something.

I don't want to buy a version of the album when I know a superior version of it exists out there, somewhere, on another label. I'll search for that one, I tells ya!