european release of Putting The Days to Bed

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

european release of Putting The Days to Bed

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:49 pm

the Munich Records newsletter mentions this:

MAANDAG 14 AUGUSTUS
MRCD 278 * The Long Winters – Putting The Days To Bed
Barcode: 742451027822
Met het derde album van The Long Winters bewijst songwriter John Roderick dat zijn band definitief tot de eredivisie van de internationale pop wereld behoort. Putting The Days To Bed staat vol met pure popliedjes met een uitzonderlijk gevoel voor melodie:van perfect gearangeerde orchestrale pop liedjes naar pakkende rocksongs met onweerstaanbare riffs.
LET OP de cd die via Munich Records uitkomt bevat 4 extra nummers ivm de Amerikaanse versie!!!!

i won't translate all of it, but the last line indeed says '4 extra songs over the american version'.
with four exclamation points that i didn't add, but fully agree with

so, john's rant in utrecht about how it's nonsense that albums can't come out at the same date in the whole world (along with cell phones not working in the whole of europe and other complaints) seems to have had some effect

GMM

Postby GMM » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Woah. Sweet. Anyone got a tracklist with those extras then?

edit: If they're the EP tracks then I shall be somewhat dissapointed.

Joe Szczepaniak

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:24 pm

well, i just checked the total time for the tracks on the US release and the time is short enough that you cold potentially fit 4 more tracks on a CD. just saying its possible.

+joe

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:27 pm

If they're not the EP tracks, I'm going to be vexed. You may have to pick up a bunch of extra copies for us, Liesbeth.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:19 pm

They're the ep tracks. But the Ultimatum EP ON VINYL is going to have some crazy bonus material.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:00 pm

Ah, well. That's ok. I still haven't picked up the EP yet. :\ Vinyl works for me.

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:15 am

sour29 wrote:I still haven't picked up the EP yet. :\

why not?

GMM

Postby GMM » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:42 am

John wrote:They're the ep tracks. But the Ultimatum EP ON VINYL is going to have some crazy bonus material.

WOAH, WHAT?!

Seriously?

Hot magic sauce.

Also this means I don't need to bother picking up one with the bonus tracks so I suppose it is actually a good thing. Unless that is the normal UK version. If so, damn my picking up the EP just a few weeks ago.

Also also: Sounds like I'm going to need to invest in a USB turntable then.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:01 am

Flyn wrote:
sour29 wrote:I still haven't picked up the EP yet. :\
why not?
Well, I either wait until there's a buttload of stuff I want / can afford from the Barsuk shop, so I can save on shipping/handling, or until I go and see the artist perform, because I love having some paper to hand the band, you know what I mean?

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:15 am

I really hope Munich is going to do the relaese for the Benelux countries, and Barsuk for the rest of Europe, not Munich for all of Europe, because Barsuk apparently gets much better support from Indigo; I can finally find pretty much all recent Barsuk releases in local record stores over here.

Burning Bride #7

Postby Burning Bride #7 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 am

What's a vinyl?

Joe Szczepaniak

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:33 pm

if you're being sarcastic, a vinyl is a small plastic garden gnome that has a murderous look on it's face. you can always tell them from regular garden gnomes because of this.

or, if you're serious, vinyl is what you might simply refer to as a "record", the large black discs you play on "record players" or turntables.

+joe

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 pm

Joe Szczepaniak

Postby Joe Szczepaniak » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:06 pm

yep. thats a vinyl.

+joe

icapants

Postby icapants » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:33 am

jigga what?

CarstenWohlfeld

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:37 am

Liz wrote:I really hope Munich is going to do the relaese for the Benelux countries, and Barsuk for the rest of Europe, not Munich for all of Europe, because Barsuk apparently gets much better support from Indigo; I can finally find pretty much all recent Barsuk releases in local record stores over here.

exactly. is there a definitive release date for europe, and more precisely germany, yet? i thought it was supposed to be agust 14, but i haven't seen or read anything yet on any of the relevant websites. hope this isn't a bad omen.

Moni

Postby Moni » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:34 am

August 14? Never heard or saw that date mentioned... Indigo now has the Munich release slated for september

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:59 pm

NL at least gets an August release, indie record chain Plato has the record slated for 10 August, and the excellent VPRO website currently has the album in their 'Luisterpaal' for streaming audio. They spelled the label Barsuck though, don't know if that is an omen?

in Spain the album will be released on september 5th, and distributed by Dock, but I don't know anything about the rest of Europe. Long live all the different countries in Europe, it makes life so much more interesting for musicians.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:14 pm

John wrote:They're the ep tracks. But the Ultimatum EP ON VINYL is going to have some crazy bonus material.

i love vinyl so i hope you aren't just messing w/my little head.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:40 am

not so surprisingly a whole bunch of Dutch indieshops now indeed have the record on the shelves, which is a happy sight.

very surprisingly, the song order is different! As to the why of this I can only guess (rock ultimatum moved forward so that it isn't too close to the bonus track ep ultimatum, perhaps?), but I like it. It makes rock Ultimatum and Honest fall into place much better for me and Rich Wife is a great opener.

the lyric sheet follows the new track order, is the american version a fold-out sheet also or a booklet?

anyway, Munich version track order:
1. Rich Wife 2. Pushover 3. Fire Island, AK 4. Teaspoon 5. Ultimatum 6. Sky is Open 7. Clouds 8. Honest 9. Hindsight 10. (It's a) Departure 11. Seven Bonustracks: The Commander Thinks Aloud, Ultimatum (acoustic version), Everything is Talking, Delicate Hands.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”