What Made Milwaukee Tour With The Long Winters?

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

What Made Milwaukee Tour With The Long Winters?

Post by Squid »

Uhm. What Made Milwaukee Famous just sent out a bulletin on MySpace that says the following:

We are happy to announce that we are going on tour with The Long Winters! Check out our site to find a show near you.

This causes me endless joy, particularly since, as I mentioned in the Catty, I heart their new album muchly.

What a goddamn fantastic tour. WMMF are actually here on Fri/Sat. Can't wait.

EDIT: Apologies, all. I thought this was some indication of addtional dates. It isn't. It just means that WMMF have been added to the existing bill. So should this have been a new topic? I mean, who can say really. I'm here already. What the hell, right? See philistien, i make mistakes so that no one else has to. *smiles brightly*

Liesbeth is going to check out this band. I can feel it.
philistien

Re: What Made Milwaukee Tour With The Long Winters?

Post by philistien »

Squid wrote: See philistien, i make mistakes so that no one else has to. *smiles brightly*

Liesbeth is going to delete this. I can feel it.

i appreciate that.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

gosh, i'm so behind on checking out new bands on Barsuk. Only yesterday did I download some Jim Noir and Smoosh, which I haven't even heard yet, but I'm on to WMMF. Actually, Barsuk has this cool E-card with live stuff. Thanks for the encouragement, Squid!

What a name for a band though. Do they even think of poor webpeople having to type that name a hundred times? I have to look into this whole Copy-Paste craze now, I can feel it.
icapants

Post by icapants »

Liesbeth wrote:gosh, i'm so behind on checking out new bands on Barsuk.

Don't feel bad dear, they only signed 45 million new bands in the last six months. Even I can't keep up, and I'm on there f'ing street team!
bijou

i just sorry i missed them

Post by bijou »

live...oh well, my budget needed the break...kids (unlike animals) are just a little more expensive fun (;-D)
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

Alice Cooper wrote:Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Pete wrote:Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Alice Cooper wrote:Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land.

Party on!!
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

I've been digging Smoosh recently, too. I grabbed the sample of Jim Noir from the Barsuk site, and that is a tasty treat as well.

It makes me wonder if Barsuk just has that great taste in music, or whether I've been brainwashed to love everything they release?
the new girl

Post by the new girl »

sour29 wrote:It makes me wonder if Barsuk just has that great taste in music, or whether I've been brainwashed to love everything they release?

I've had that same thought many a time...I think there must be some subliminal message embedded in the LW's cd's that makes me want to buy everything. I think I probably own close to 1/2 the Barsuk catalog, but I really do like 99% of it, so I guess that's ok...
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

sour29 wrote:It makes me wonder if Barsuk just has that great taste in music, or whether I've been brainwashed to love everything they release?

you will continue to buy every barsuk release, and while doing so, applaud yourself for your indefectible taste in music
bijou

smoosh!!

Post by bijou »

my gal LOVES smoosh!!!
chadham

WMMF

Post by chadham »

So glad to hear this tour worked out...I'd been talking to Drew (keyboardist for WMMF) and he had mentioned they'd been working on getting this tour together...as an Austinite I'm glad to see an Austin band added to the Barsuk stable as well as touring with the likes TLW...a bit of trivia, anyone know what did make milwaukee famous?
bijou

is it beer???

Post by bijou »

pabst blue ribbon???
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Jerry Lee Lewis.
icapants

Post by icapants »

[Warning! Super class-less answer approaching!]

YOUR MOM!
junker347

Post by junker347 »

you think if they ever make a retrospective/docu they will call it What Made What Made Milwaukee Famous Famous?
A Mess

Post by A Mess »

so at the upcoming Chapel Hill NC show, in addition to what made milwaukee famous, the opening band menomena has been announced! i am super jazzed now, because this is a band whose albums i love and have wanted to see live for a long time. i am in awe when the stars align.
icapants

Post by icapants »

You could also add that Menomena has signed to Barsuk as well.
It's a giant barsuk family party!
Wooooo!
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

yay, a Barsuk band I knew before they were on Barsuk. How cool is that.
Do Barsuk have a tap on a secret source of underground funds, with all these signings? Not complaining, mind.
dianna

Post by dianna »

Liesbeth: say "thank you, DCFC."
GMM

Post by GMM »

I was wondering this myself and then The Internet was like "Yo, Barsuk is putting out that new Harvey Danger single/EP in October" and I was all "FUCK yeah, those guys have great taste in music"