Fall 2006 setlists

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

dcaley

Postby dcaley » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:51 pm

sour29 wrote:The "Everything Is Talking" tease didn't get it's own track? ;)

I can't get over how good our recordings turned out. I'm super hyped. It's like the awesome concert experience that just won't end.

i dunno where it is? :)

//edit - found it

Squid

Postby Squid » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:27 am

*pokes head into Salon listening room*

Hi. I've been away. No, no, shhhh, you don't have to say you missed me. The look on your face says it all, baby. It's bigger than the both of us.

Yeah, so, but, anyways, I was just reading through this thread? And like, all kidding aside, I don't see Scent of Lime anywhere. Seriously, am I SOL on S.O.L.? Or what? Can anyone claim a sighting, or has Squiddy's favorite song been utterly banished? Coz the next question I start asking (and it's a big one) is: WHY. Why?

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:09 pm

they played it at the cd presentation in July if I'm not mistaken. So it's not like they don't know how to play it...

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:56 am

Well it's been three months since then, and you wouldn't believe the things musicians can forget within that period of time :)

K, I think you'll have to walk right into the Cafe du Nord on Friday (?) and make the request, for the good of all people.

Squid

Postby Squid » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:34 am

A very nice person has just posted a truckload of pix to flickr, including this one, which features a setlist caption.

Please note the reappearance of Scent of Lime! It's so reassuring to know that my digital whining can have a constructive impact on a Long Winters setlist. All kidding aside, there is nothing so wonderful to me as S.O.L., especially live. Thanks Captain Jack, much appreciated...

What Pancakes Do

Postby What Pancakes Do » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:53 pm

It doesn't look like anyone has covered the show in Houston on 9/19 at Walter's On Washington. I'll give it a shot to help out, but the list will be short. I am only going to list the ones that I am SURE about and they are not in order. The show in Austin at ACL was just three days earlier and I don't want to confuse the two.

Nora
Stupid
Shapes
Blue Diamonds
Cinnamon
Pushover
Teaspoon
Hindsight
Ultimatum
Seven
Honest
The Commander Think Aloud

Those are the only ones that I am absolutely sure of.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:51 pm

every time I see Nora is played, it warms my heart! thanks a lot for posting these.

kaiden

Postby kaiden » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:32 pm

My girlfriend and I got the setlist from the Fillmore in SF on 9/8. It was their first show after John's solo tour and although he said he had just flown in and hadn't slept in 24 hours, the show still rocked our faces clean off. So much so we had no face left for Feist to rock off, which she very easily could have done. Honestly, we were there for TLW anyway.

Setlist:

Clouds
Honest
Cinnamon
Scared Straight
Blue Diamonds
Teaspoon
Hindsight
Fire Island
Seven

They played Pushover instead of Seven though and despite the fact that I love Seven, I still would have been sad if I didn't get to hear Pushover. Someday I will get to hear Scent of Lime, oh yes, someday I will.

bijou

Postby bijou » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:15 pm

it never rains enough to cool my fever... all it does is rain...

the wet wet weather has been giving me cause to pause and consider finding a boat.... two of neighbor's homes are now soggy downstream debris. they estimate about 4' of the riverbank was reclaimed by the portion of the skykomish where my neighbors lived. another good reason to skip the pretty picture window view. school was cancelled yesterday, but it's back to work work work... glad it was a great time, sorry no scent of lime...

butcherboy

Postby butcherboy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:16 pm

What Pancakes Do wrote:It doesn't look like anyone has covered the show in Houston on 9/19 at Walter's On Washington. I'll give it a shot to help out, but the list will be short. I am only going to list the ones that I am SURE about and they are not in order. The show in Austin at ACL was just three days earlier and I don't want to confuse the two.

Nora
Stupid
Shapes
Blue Diamonds
Cinnamon
Pushover
Teaspoon
Hindsight
Ultimatum
Seven
Honest
The Commander Think Aloud

Those are the only ones that I am absolutely sure of.

I was at this show. It was sadly a smallish crowd, but there was a free kings of Leon show that night, plus it was a Tuesday.

One GIGANTIC addition to the setlist... John at the beginning of the show asked for requests, so I yelled out Stupid. Well he did the same thing for the encore. I was plastered by this time, so I yelled "Play a cover", and he fucking played King of Carrot Flowers. Completely unexpected, and since In The Aeroplane is my alltime favorite album, it was a moment for me.

Anyway, John and the band were really cool to us after the show, even though I was completely drunk and probably being annoying. Hope they come back soon.

kaiden

Postby kaiden » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:04 pm

butcherboy wrote:One GIGANTIC addition to the setlist... John at the beginning of the show asked for requests, so I yelled out Stupid. Well he did the same thing for the encore. I was plastered by this time, so I yelled "Play a cover", and he fucking played King of Carrot Flowers. Completely unexpected, and since In The Aeroplane is my alltime favorite album, it was a moment for me.

Oh man, why'd you have to say that? That's so unfair, I would kill to hear them cover an NMH song. I'm salivating at the thought.

I'm actually from Olympia, bijou; I moved to the SF bay area a few months ago, shockingly enough to work for a large tech company. I miss the rain but at the moment it sounds like there's a bit too much up there for anyone's good. You guys could share with us, I wouldn't mind.

What Pancakes Do

Postby What Pancakes Do » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:21 pm

Yeah, some people were yelling for an encore after the rest of the band left the stage. John obliged and played/sang the cover by himself. I didn't know what he was covering though, which is why I left it out.

bijou

Postby bijou » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:15 pm

always happy to share another rainy day in my part of the world... this was on the drive this morning to school in everett, between monroe and snohomish.... the new reflective topsoil is rather fetching here don't you think??? (;-D)-+{

zach

Postby zach » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:33 am

kaiden wrote:I'm actually from Olympia

I just moved from Oly, myself! Look at us! Spreading Olympia-ness throughout the country.

ImLost@Sea

Postby ImLost@Sea » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:22 pm

butcherboy wrote:One GIGANTIC addition to the setlist... John at the beginning of the show asked for requests, so I yelled out Stupid. Well he did the same thing for the encore. I was plastered by this time, so I yelled "Play a cover", and he fucking played King of Carrot Flowers. Completely unexpected, and since In The Aeroplane is my alltime favorite album, it was a moment for me.

I would have shat my pantaloons right there on the spot.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:37 am

I have a live track of John covering King of Carrot Flowers somewhere on my computer, I'll post it sometime when I have the chance.

ImLost@Sea

Postby ImLost@Sea » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:14 pm

Unremarkable wrote:I have a live track of John covering King of Carrot Flowers somewhere on my computer, I'll post it sometime when I have the chance.

Please do!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:33 am

this mp3 has two covers: King of Carrot Flowers (Neutral Milk Hotel) and Solitary Man (Neil Diamond)
http://www.yousendit.com/download/RcIyCEvGUTl5TA==

I'm not entirely sure when or where it's from, nor who recorded it. Could it be from the Dec 30 2005 Chop Suey show?
Edit: I think it is from that show. I also have a video of these two songs, audience camera material shot by Laura, but the file is too big for Yousendit. Will see if I can find another way to upload, when I have some more time.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:50 pm

Liesbeth wrote:this mp3 has two covers: King of Carrot Flowers (Neutral Milk Hotel) and Solitary Man (Neil Diamond)
http://www.yousendit.com/download/RcIyCEvGUTl5TA==

I'm not entirely sure when or where it's from, nor who recorded it. Could it be from the Dec 30 2005 Chop Suey show?
Edit: I think it is from that show. I also have a video of these two songs, audience camera material shot by Laura, but the file is too big for Yousendit. Will see if I can find another way to upload, when I have some more time.

That's the show, and I'm pretty sure I'm the one that recorded the audio.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:32 pm

And why haven't you submitted the lossless original to the LW Audio Site? ;)

Return to “Give Me a Moment”