tlw live

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

dirty_little_pixie

tlw live

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Sat May 24, 2003 10:56 pm

I just got back from the show in Omaha and, by the way guys, it was amazing. I don't want to exagerate too much, but I got to meet the whole band and it was awesome. I am urging everybody to go see the show, I can not begin to explain....well, I'm going to stop now. I'm getting to feel a little bit too teeny bopper-y. Eek.

peripatetic_elitist

Postby peripatetic_elitist » Sat May 24, 2003 11:22 pm

Tsk tsk Stephanie. "Teeny bopper-y"? What would possess you to use such words? Ah well. Yes the Omaha show was excellent although much confusion and bribing was involved in our experience. By the way, "exagerate" is actually "exaggerate"...just to let you know.

dirty_little_pixie

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Sun May 25, 2003 12:15 am

It's quater after three in the morning, leave me alone. And "teeny bopper-y" was fitting for the context. Once I start to babble about how much I love a band or certain person, I feel a bit....obsessive and....mainstream...hehehe.

Bepo

"You cannot post anything stupid..."

Postby Bepo » Sun May 25, 2003 12:01 pm

For a person who created the word conjugate ‘teeny bopper-y’, you are entirely too demanding in what I can or cannot do. I’m fairly sure that I can manage to say, “I had a wonderful Saturday evening. There was music, sarcasm, geographical quips, signed t-shirts and borrowed fine-point markers. All-in-all, it was a complete and satisfying time.”

Actually, to be truthful Stephanie, if not for your timely phone conversation, I might have typed something wildly humiliating, and thus could never present myself at another The Long Winters show. I might have foregone all knowledge of the English language, and typed, “Like, the gig was soooo awesome. I cannot believe I was, like, right there. In the same room as the boiz. Everyone in the world, like, has to go to see them LIVE. b/c I say so!” Thank you, for saving me from that gross mistake.

dirty_little_pixie

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Sun May 25, 2003 12:26 pm

You are very welcome, Aja. Thank you so much as to not make a complete <b>ass</b> of yourself as well as the included posse of, well, you know who. I am eternally greatful.

SLR

t-shirts

Postby SLR » Sun May 25, 2003 1:09 pm

does everyone like the new t-shirts?

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Sun May 25, 2003 1:45 pm

What do they look like?

Bepo

T-shirts

Postby Bepo » Sun May 25, 2003 2:02 pm

The t-shirts are better when they're signed by The Long Winters.

Bepo

In regards to your thanks-Stephanie.

Postby Bepo » Sun May 25, 2003 5:21 pm

I'm sure the word you were reaching for was grateful. It is similar to 'greatful'-in fact they are homonyms. Grateful, for future use, indicates great thanks, while greatful does not actually exist.

peripatetic_elitist

Postby peripatetic_elitist » Sun May 25, 2003 6:07 pm

Hey Aja, discontinue getting off topic. The question was about the appearance of the original t-shirt, not the things you've done to add quality. :)

dirty_little_pixie

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Tue May 27, 2003 11:45 am

The tee-shirts are awesome. I do not own one myself (due to lack of the essential--money) but I am definately jealous of those who do.

Bepo

A shirt promotion

Postby Bepo » Tue May 27, 2003 3:40 pm

I have to say that I am all for the shirts. The front spread is beautiful, and I love it when people walk past me and try to figure it out. I bought a gray one myself, because I thought the blue would clash with my button'o'danger.
Actually, I just prefer the gray myself. Though thinking on it, the c.d. and buttons are all in an off-lime color, so for the sake of unity that might be a color to look into. Or not, since that would probably look horrible on people, and then you'd have to look at them. That would be unkind.

dirty_little_pixie

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Thu May 29, 2003 11:31 am

Aja, you are a strange child.

Bepo

Postby Bepo » Thu May 29, 2003 12:05 pm

Thank you Stephanie. I might be strange, but I love TLW and that gives us something in common. Put your prejudices aside and just love me for who I am.

dirty_little_pixie

Postby dirty_little_pixie » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:08 am

Always and always, Aja, I will love you. And for no other reason but for being yourself.

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:00 pm

So this time around, Seattle fans will the last to get their hands on LW merch? Curses!

So, anybody got a pic of the new shirts? I've only seen the "snowblower", "nietzsche" and "icy/don't yell at me" shirts.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:07 pm

Forrest wrote:So this time around, Seattle fans will the last to get their hands on LW merch? Curses!

So, anybody got a pic of the new shirts? I've only seen the "snowblower", "nietzsche" and "icy/don't yell at me" shirts.

Ah, but you're forgetting the Green LW shirts that say "Long Winters" on the front (in white bubble letters) and "Sonic Boom 3 store mini tour" on the back.

mildlyrestarted

slutty dirty dancing outfits

Postby mildlyrestarted » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:48 pm

Forrest wrote:So this time around, Seattle fans will the last to get their hands on LW merch? Curses!

http://mrabe.nailedtothenightlife.net/longwinters/minneapolis/DSC06851.JPG.. me in the new shirt cuz i'm just that lame.

i found that the shirt looks best off the shoulder with a hot pink bra strap hanging out, with a black poofy knee-length skirt and black leg warmers with black boots.

oooh, i apologise for that moment of sheer girl. i am such a slave to the cosmetic industry, though.

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:02 pm

Never saw the Sonic Boom shirts either. Though the day after, I did see John at the office wearing a blue SB shirt. How'd the tour shirts turn out?

SLR

t's

Postby SLR » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:45 pm

Forrest wrote: How'd the tour shirts turn out?

This tour, they left with tan shirts with the bubble Long Winters in white with dark brown outline. Then the smaller shirts (girlie's not PC) were baby blue with white bubble words and dark blue outline. Very simple. They might return with some. We should tell Barsuk to get some made to sell online, huh?

Return to “Give Me a Moment”