The Official Vinyl Boxed Set Registry Thread

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:14 pm

i plan on hitting up sonic boom next weekend...do you want me to pick one up for you if i can find it?

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:58 pm

Aside from Sonic Boom, I have a feeling the only surefire place to find them is directly from The Control Group.

www.controlgroupco.com

good luck!

aurel

Postby aurel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 pm

holy cow! this is amazing. Just ordered mine through the above-mentionned website.

What Pancakes Do

Postby What Pancakes Do » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:18 pm

chelsea, Thank you so much for the kind offer! I went through the website Forrest listed (thank you Forrest) and now mine is ordered.

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:26 pm

I should point out that although we have exhausted our limited supply of the boxed sets, we do still have plenty of the individual vinyl LPs available for individual sale.

I mean, you won't get a fancy foil-stamped box anymore, but if you ask nice, we can send you some posters and stickers and the like.

I'm just sayin'...

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:35 pm

I think I'm just going to order the Ultimatum EP. I need those alt. takes. Does that still warrant posters and stickers and stuff?

ps. I never received my official Barsuk Street Team uniform, and whatever other goodies I'm supposed to get. :(

ChadyzGroove

Postby ChadyzGroove » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:46 am

Forrest wrote:I should point out that although we have exhausted our limited supply of the boxed sets, we do still have plenty of the individual vinyl LPs available for individual sale.

I mean, you won't get a fancy foil-stamped box anymore, but if you ask nice, we can send you some posters and stickers and the like.

I'm just sayin'...
aww man i totally just ordered all 4 vinyls with a tshirt and shipped yesterday presumably with no cool extra junk, darn the luck.

Katha
Location: Still Searchin' for my personal Shangri-La...Erfurt, Germany

Postby Katha » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:32 am

Forrest wrote:I should point out that although we have exhausted our limited supply of the boxed sets, we do still have plenty of the individual vinyl LPs available for individual sale.

I'm just sayin'...

Really ? That's kinda cool...I just 'discovered' the Long Winters and now a german girl is trying to get as much from them as she can ;)

I'm curious about your hint...it would be nice to have a poster of my new favourite band. How can I contact you ?

It's not that easy to get their LPs or CDs here at the stores (you earn only 'asking' faces), but thanks god there's internet (although I've got no 'real' credit card) to order that stuff.

Katharina

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:50 am

ChadyzGroove wrote:

I'm just sayin'...
aww man i totally just ordered all 4 vinyls with a tshirt and shipped yesterday presumably with no cool extra junk, darn the luck.

I believe you will find yourself delightfully mistaken, in this instance.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:54 pm

I love you Barsukers, btw. You guys are the bee's knees.

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:27 pm

sour29 wrote:I think I'm just going to order the Ultimatum EP. I need those alt. takes. Does that still warrant posters and stickers and stuff?

ps. I never received my official Barsuk Street Team uniform, and whatever other goodies I'm supposed to get. :(

1.) We have plenty of old LW posters that we'd be more than glad to give to anyone who requests 'em.

2.) I have nothing to do with Street Team matters, but if you email the person that you report to for that, you may find an answer.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:09 pm

I request them! Hehe. I'll put my order in tonight or tomorrow. :)

EDIT: Order sent.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:51 am

I didn't think I was going to be able to get the boxed set when I saw it was no longer available on the Barsuk website, thank god for that Control Group website! Ordered mine, can't wait until it comes in. Maybe this will be what finally gets me to invest in a record player, I've got more than a few LPs and 7" that are pretty to look at, but would like to hear once in awhile.

icapants

Postby icapants » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:04 pm

Unremarkable wrote:I didn't think I was going to be able to get the boxed set when I saw it was no longer available on the Barsuk website, thank god for that Control Group website! Ordered mine, can't wait until it comes in. Maybe this will be what finally gets me to invest in a record player, I've got more than a few LPs and 7" that are pretty to look at, but would like to hear once in awhile.

WOAH, WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN UNREMARKABLE?

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Oh here and there. This has been the busiest quarter at Western so far (and only one more left to go!) and I no longer have a car, so trips from B-Ham to Seattle for shows are out. I will be at the Harvey Danger show at the Croc on New Year's Eve though.

Katha
Location: Still Searchin' for my personal Shangri-La...Erfurt, Germany

Postby Katha » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:01 am

Thanks Forrest.

You made a german girl very happy.

And if the 'German Post' doesn't make any mistakes, I'll have a really 'barsukian' Christmas...;) (and no more empty walls)

GMM

Postby GMM » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:05 am

Barsuk are pretty good for throwing in cool stuff with orders from their store. I got ANOTHER LDubs sticker with my batch of christmas presents from them this year. Though I would KILL for a Long Winters poster.

And the store still haven't got back to me about them sending the wrong badge. Hm.

Barsuk are awesome, really.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 pm

When Barsuk flubbed one of my orders, they were very, very prompt about responding AND fixing the error in an insanely fast manner. I was quite impressed. If you haven't heard back, definitely send another note.

GMM

Postby GMM » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:43 am

Well it's only been a few days. You did do it by the form on their website, right?

edit: I take it all back, just checked my e-mail and they are sending the correct badge now. Those Barsuk boys and girls, they really are brilliant.

icapants

Postby icapants » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:28 pm

For some reason, I've had the box set for quite some time and haven't opened it until tonight. It is the soundtrack to my cupcake and cookie baking.

Sweet treats for everyone!

Return to “Give Me a Moment”