John's Midwestern Dream

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Bepo

John's Midwestern Dream

Postby Bepo » Thu May 29, 2003 3:04 pm

I have spent my entire life desperately trying to escape what John just referred to as his fantasy. I spent hours studying for finals in advanced placement courses. I set myself up to graduate a year early, with a semester in college already finished. Unfortunately, Nebraska does not want it's populace to ever leave, so no, I'm still here. Still finishing high school while at the same time enrolled in college. One year down, three more to go. And then I'm out and about.
I have to agree, the scenery here is wonderful, but it's just that-scenery. It's the back drop to a place, not a lifestyle. Granted, you can't point a .22 at pop cans in cities, but you can only do that for so long here. Eventually you'll have to get up, go inside, and probably clean those solid wood floorboards. Which isn't a pleasant task for any floor, but wood has its own rules. Especially those rough and tumble, decrepit, falling down disintegrated farm houses.
I do have to applaud your insight into husbandry. It would be best to avoid it. I became hysterical with laughter when I pictured The Long Winters, the whole band, birthing a calf. After the snow joke in Omaha, I have to ask, “Have you ever been in a blizzard?” And if that answer is yes, why oh why would you want to be thirty miles from the nearest town. I use the word town loosely. I can’t understand why the people here stay let alone why other people come to the center of raging heat and three feet of snow.
Peace and quiet? Peace is a headphone set and a Long Winters c.d. away.

LngHrvWntrsDngr

Postby LngHrvWntrsDngr » Thu May 29, 2003 4:53 pm

his entry made me sad.....it said he was visiting evan sult FORMER drummer of harvey danger......that is just too much for me to swallow....

esatnik

Postby esatnik » Thu May 29, 2003 6:00 pm

Long Winters could play Rain On The Scarecrow and they could all wear bolo ties.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Re: John's Midwestern Dream

Postby grant » Fri May 30, 2003 10:42 am

Bepo wrote:After the snow joke in Omaha, I have to ask, “Have you ever been in a blizzard?” And if that answer is yes, why oh why would you want to be thirty miles from the nearest town.

Bear in mind, the fellow's from Alaska. I believe they make sport of blizzards in Alaska, and those who insist on weathering them naked, barefoot, but still within 30 miles of the nearest cluster of wretched hovels or fishing shacks, are derided by their companions as weaklings, "lemming-lubbers" or worse.

Jacob206

Postby Jacob206 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:39 pm

With age comes the desire for change to most free hearts, someone who lives in the country all there life want the romance of a big city. Then you have people like me who have lived in the heart of the city every year on the planet, we want slow quiet open nights, I myself went and lived in the heart of texas for two years and loved it. Back in the city not by choice but the change is good, someday you will miss good ol corn fields.

esatnik

Postby esatnik » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:12 pm

Sweet avatar!

Damien_82

Postby Damien_82 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:31 pm

He said, "The problem's clear to me, you never got over Morissey."
I said, "Well, Right you are!"

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:53 pm

Damien_82 wrote:He said, "The problem's clear to me, you never got over Morissey."

ooooooooooooh! you said it before I could!

peripatetic_elitist

Postby peripatetic_elitist » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:51 pm

Damien_82 wrote:He said, "The problem's clear to me, you never got over Morissey."

Actually, it's "Morrissey," not that I was keeping track or anything...

Damien_82

Postby Damien_82 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:13 pm

My fault. I knew it didn't look right but was too lazy to check it. Damn, lazy and a bad speller. Why do insist on pointing out my weaknesses? All I ever try to give you is love. Isn't that good enough for you? Answer me!

peripatetic_elitist

Postby peripatetic_elitist » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:50 pm

Damien_82 wrote:My fault. I knew it didn't look right but was too lazy to check it. Damn, lazy and a bad speller. Why do insist on pointing out my weaknesses? All I ever try to give you is love. Isn't that good enough for you? Answer me!

It's good enough now. :). My apologies on behalf of my grammatical obsession.

Bepo

Grammatical Fanatism

Postby Bepo » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:22 am

Malarie, you might want to seek professional help. Obsessions such as these can be detrimental to your own sanity. Soon you'll find yourself in a doctor's office with a red permi-editing the lovely little signs that say, "Parents, please make sure your child removes their shoes before examination."

Return to “Give Me a Moment”