hola, hello, hallo, heda! Europe

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

CarstenWohlfeld

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:14 am

according to the newest puschen update, the leipzig show might not be happening. at least it's not listed on their website anymore.

that leaves a whopping zero shows for germany :-/

Katha
Location: Still Searchin' for my personal Shangri-La...Erfurt, Germany

Postby Katha » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:32 am

Damn, I just recognized the news and was very happy because of the date in Leipzig (maybe they remembered our little conversation about 'Too many bands are afraid to come to the east of Germany' in Berlin? Who knows...) and then I read the news at puschen.net and their tour list on myspace... :-(

But like we all know: hope is the last thing we forget.

bijou

Postby bijou » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:52 am

But like we all know: hope is the last thing we forget.

sometimes the universe echoes necessary words at the right moment for another's unrelated circumstance... thanks for writing that katha, i needed to read that today... it's a beautiful day, time to create random acts of beauty for someone i miss. hope you're having a beautiful day where you are.

zach

Postby zach » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:48 pm

bijou wrote:it's a beautiful day

Is it Spring where you are?

GMM

Postby GMM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:07 pm

I waited all winter.

zach

Postby zach » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm

GMM wrote:I waited all winter.

Thanks. I was waiting for that.

Assist to Zach!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:14 pm

well, hate to say it, but the Toutpartout site now has the complete listing but no Germany. And the Aarhus show seems to have fallen through as well. And here I was practising my Danish, all in vain. Nej!!

CarstenWohlfeld

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:18 am

Liesbeth wrote:And the Aarhus show seems to have fallen through as well.

well logistically it makes sense - to drive up to Aarhus from Graz, with a day off inbetween and then back from Aarhus to an international airport seems a lot of hassle for one gig in the middle of nowhere (no offense to our danish friends, but...)

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:09 pm

Be careful what you're saying, my friend, there may be few to none Danish people around here to defend that bit of 'middle of nowhere', but I gladly step in on their behalf. I will take you outside in Den Bosch if you don't take it down a notch - that is, if you are going there, maybe you have to go shopping for your birthday party? Pernod, tequila, some champagne perhaps? Wish I could be there...

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:27 am

Considering the special guest and the occasion I'd say champagne sounds like a good choice. And i wish I could be there to be a witness when you guys take it outside.

So the Hall/Innsbruck show is not on the list, either... the venue webiste just added a support act tho (Goldrush from GB), so I'll just assume this is still happeneing. I'll know when I'll get there, standing before closed doors and people asking me what the heck I am looking for.

CarstenWohlfeld

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:13 am

would you girls please stop talking about me when i'm not around? ;-)

junker347

Postby junker347 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:07 am

ok so i'm going to try to make it to madrid (5 hrs by bus) and back in the same evening so I don't miss any class the next day

wish me luck, wish me luuuuuck.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:17 pm

now that's devotion. If you have any energy left, an on-the-road report would be muchos interessantes!

CarstenWohlfeld

Postby CarstenWohlfeld » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:32 am

unfortunately, i won't be making it to den bosch tonight. hope to see a review on here soon, i want to know what i missed at least.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:33 pm

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. I mean, just the usual almost two hour show, at the end of which John was so tired he completely forgot the chords to Jet City, so we had to make do with a smouldering version of Nora. Add to that two songs never played live before, I mean, c'mon! Granted, I called out for one of them, so they are not entirely to blame for Everything's Talking, but that they totally nailed Sky is Open when they had been claiming that song just couldn't be done live, ridiculous.

What's more... well, John didn't even bother to bring an acoustic guitar for Honest; Nabil still has that awesomely wicked moustache (yes, I've come round to it), but the rest still doesn't bother to shave; and John made fun of our snow alert, and clearly endangered Dutch traffic yesterday all the way from Belgium to Leeuwarden with his Alaskan driving.

Oh, by the way, the merch table is too ridiculously filled, they are pushing that vinyl on us Europeans again, and they already had two of those birdy t-shirts in blue and green, and now they have two more in grey, one girly, one men's, so obvious. I had to buy one, just to make them feel good.

So, here's what you missed approximately (the order is kinda blurry in the middle):
Fire Island, AK
Teaspoon
Shapes (by request)
Sound of coming down (drummer's request)
Sky is open
Carparts
Stupid
Blue Diamonds
The Commander Thinks Aloud
Cinnamon (by request)
Rich Wife
Pushover
Hindsight (by request)
Clouds (by request)
Honest (on electric guitar)
Ultimatum (ep version on electric guitar - by request)
Everything's talking (my request)
Scared straight (by request)
[failed tuning attempt for request Prom Night at Hater High]
Nora

So basically, that my husband wants to go again tomorrow night in Zwolle has nothing to do with a great show. Ah, it's taken me three long years, but he's catching up.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:10 pm

Haha. I guess us Canadian's made them come around to figuring out Everything is Talking. Way to go, Montreal and Toronto. Any set that ends in Nora is A-OK by me. Sky is Open should be fun to hear, too. Yay!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Not just any Nora....smouldering Nora. Wowee.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:55 am

'fun to hear' is not an apt description for Sky is Open live. It was f**king ace, man! Everything is Talking could do with a little more work, but the harmonies worked shiningly.

The guys did Blanket Hog (!) in Leeuwarden on Thursday, and John promised he would play it if I called out for it tonight in Zwolle, but reality is checking in and we are not gonna make it to that show. I seriously need a whole weekend worth of sleep to catch up with weeks of hard work and studying - so I'm gonna be mature and responsible and stay at home, smokefree and quiet.
Funny thing is, I'm okay with it really. Perhaps last night's show was just too good. I'm sure in a few days time I will be thoroughly regretting that I didn't go for a second helping when I had the chance, but right now I feel it couldn't get much better than this. Have I ever said yet how good this band really is?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:59 am

Blanket Hog?! WHOA. There's a song I never thought I'd hear live. I might have to request that one in Toronto, yo.

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:13 am

I NEED to go on Tuesday, but I have a Board meeting, and I just can;t put it off.

I will have to figure this one out. Anyone know what time they will go on at Birmingham? Last time I drove to Wolverhampton to see them and missed their set by 15 minutes. B'ham is a few hours drive from here.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”