shall we have a topic called American tour??

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Harvey Winters »

Trifecta???
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Liesbeth wrote:can we deduce that you happen to be back in Chi just around that time?

Yes, I'm back in Chi. And I feel like I've just been rescued from a desert island....it's been YEARS! STRANDED WITH NO LONG WINTERS.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

No You Are....there MUST be a way. We just have to figure it out.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

Yeah, I better go to the show. I mean, who can argue with math?

In fact, the wife really wants to go too, so we may invite the grandparents down to babysit. New grandparents are suckers for that kinda stuff.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

No You Are wrote:Yeah, I better go to the show. I mean, who can argue with math?

In fact, the wife really wants to go too, so we may invite the grandparents down to babysit. New grandparents are suckers for that kinda stuff.

Yay! Maybe we can convince them to play New Girl and dedicate it to the very newest Miss Claire.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

Sounds like a plan to me.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I read this thread last night, but for whatever reason, ended up reading the thread starting at NYA's post, right after John's, confirming the Toronto show. This excites me to no end: the El Mo is a great venue -- but much more intimate than Lee's is. If they have as many people show as there was at Lee's, they might nail their first Toronto sell out. I'll have to start picking up sandwich supplies now. :)

EDIT: capacity of about 450 at the El Mo. I remember it being smaller, but I'm probably crazy. Still 25% smaller than Lee's Palace, which will make for some spectacular sight lines. Yay. I hope they bring their own sound guy again. I forget his name, but he did a fantabulous job, and deserves a raise (or at least a bacon sandwich!)
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

No You Are wrote:

[(X - Y)Z]/(C + F) + B = ???

Any math majors wanna help me out with this one?

Yes, it's Johnny Quick's formula/mantra for super speed...
Now, you can run to the show..
kyle_s9

Post by kyle_s9 »

think they'll have any Vinyl Box Sets for sale?
i didn't love them as much as i do now, and passed on it
sour29

Post by sour29 »

They didn't have the sets last time -- just the vinyls. I passed on them because I was poor, but now I can afford them! But I think they ran out, n'est-ce pas?
middswing

Post by middswing »

I'm not sure if I can support the lack of Barsuk artists in Texas in March.

[edit: and staff]
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

the control group website still lists the boxset as available. Would Nabil lie about it?
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

Barsuk tourdates section says :
07 Apr 2007
ST. LOUIS, MO
[ Blueberry Hill ]
What Pancakes Do

Post by What Pancakes Do »

I am feeling extreme disappointment concerning this Texas-free tour. I have been waiting impatiently since September to see TLW and thought for sure they would be here for SXSW.

Now the only thing I have to look forward to in March will be What Made Milwaukee Famous. I don't know if anyone here follows them at all, but they seem to have developed some sort of crush on John. They mention him VERY often in blogs/interviews. Who can blame them though?

" there is never enough that you could say as a testament to the magnificence of Mr. John Roderick. he is a man of infinite wit and immense song-writing talent. his brain should surely be preserved once his body gives way, so that our grandchildren's grandchildren can realize the full potential of the human mind. the Long Winters, as a band, is certainly a pillar of excellence in and of itself, as well. i've yet to hear a flub from any of the instruments. well... except, of course, the 42 that i heard during their cover of Wish You Were Here in Baltimore. fully forgivable, though, considering they were taking requests." -Taken from blog on WMMF's MySpace page, 'oh Canada'

"we've been off the map a little bit since the holiday season, gorging, drinking, traveling, recharging, rehearsing, growing our beards to john roderick-like majesty. . . " - Taken from blog on their MySpace page, '1.25.07'

"CONNECT: What new, emerging artist/band/group would you recommend as the “next”?

WMMF: Man, that’s tough. There are so many great up-and-coming bands that I couldn’t limit it to just one. Here are some of my favorite bands that we’ve played with, that I think are due much more success than they have currently achieved: the Long Winters, Zykos, the Stock Market Crash, the Lemurs, the Lord Henry, Dr. Dog, the M’s, Menomena, Elizabeth & the Catapult, the Black Keys. And I’m totally forgetting a lot, too. I’m such a jerk." - Taken from Sony Connect Set

Everyone enjoy this tour a little extra for me!
whathedickens

Post by whathedickens »

ChadyzGroove wrote:Saturday Mar. 24 • Doors 8pm Show 9pm • $12
The Long Winters
Bound Stems

Double Door Chicago,IL

www.doubledoor.com/shows.php

Hell yes! It doesn't say anything about 21+, oh lordy I hope it isn't. I know where I want to be March 24th!
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

I called, it is 21+...
Sorry...
whathedickens

Post by whathedickens »

:(
Summer of '05 seems so long ago, I really hoped I would get to see them again.
Last edited by whathedickens on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bijou

Post by bijou »

chicago is on the short list of american cities i have never seen, but would love to experience... yes, as a painter, i'm deeply ashamed to say i have never experienced the chicago art institute first hand. however, i'm equally sad to say this show gets the school schedule smackdown in my world. still, this sounds like a long-overdue plan. i lived in las vegas (for 22 yrs!) when HD made a big noise, so i'm a late bloomer regarding their brand of big fun. It sounds like a magical night... hope it happens.
ohiofan

Post by ohiofan »

I bought two tickets for Chicago, and am now not sure if I'll make it all by my lonesome. I need someone to poke me and tell me how dumb I'd be to miss Stupid live. Or PM me for my ticket(s).
Last edited by ohiofan on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whathedickens

Post by whathedickens »

ohiofan wrote:I've bought two tickets for Chicago, and am now not sure if I'll make it all by my lonesome. I need someone to poke me and tell me how dumb I'd be to miss Stupid live. Or PM me for my spare ticket.

*poke* You'd be stupid not to see it live.
ohiofan

Post by ohiofan »

Thanks, Em. I don't know what my problem is! Maybe I'm feeling just a bit too housewife-y these days. Ugh. I need to get away!