Lawrence, Kansas @ The Bottleneck 4-8-07

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Andy

Lawrence, Kansas @ The Bottleneck 4-8-07

Post by Andy »

I will be experiencing my first Long Winters show on this date.

I'm also hoping that The Broken West & Stars Of Track And Field will still be supporting them.
empirelucas

Post by empirelucas »

I don't know where you got this date, but TLW is not playing anywhere closer to Lawrence than St. Louis. Fellow Barsuk labelite Rocky Votolato is playing The Bottleneck that night. Sorry.
Andy

Post by Andy »

It's on their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/thelongwinters

but it's not on The Bottleneck's web site. www.pipelineproductions.com
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

There has been a discrepancy between show dates on this site and those on the Myspace site for as long as I can remember. Perhaps if the same person were to do both...?

I'd had fleeting thoughts of making my way up to Lawrence despite all odds...I know for damn sure that I'll never have the luxury of seeing a LW show in this state! But, um, never mind, I guess.

Poor Andy.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

nwheather wrote:Perhaps if the same person were to do both...?

oh, what fun would we have here, helping each other out with vague or not so vague info?

edit: the Bottleneck website does mention a Will Johnson / David Bazan show on 15 April. Do yourself a favour and catch that show, Andy!
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

Last I knew, John was in charge of the MySpace business, but he might have been passing it off to Barsuk. Yeah, that sounds right...
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

if you keep up with the blog entries, you might have noticed that Jonathan is the one doing a great job on the Myspace page...
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I really avoid going to MySpace at all costs. I've been counting on you, dear, to copy the blog entries here, in one big wonderful thread.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

You know, it would be nice if Jonathan would come visit us once.

I know we are probably like the extended family from the rural midwest who still cooks with lard and doesn't understand why anyone might pay over $50 for pair of jeans, but we are good natured and interested and would it kill him to, you know...say hello, acknoweldge his chorus of welcome!'s, tell us what's going on in his big city life, and for goshsakes eat something! You're all skin and bones!

Maybe then we could spell his name right.
Last edited by Betty Felon on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I wouldn't be surprised if he peeks here every now and again. If only over John's shoulder.
jrothman
Band Guy

Post by jrothman »

uh, hi. this is my first time posting to a message board. ever. and ićm tzping on a croatian kezboard.

now what did zou want to know?

oh ~ lawrence, kansas. sorry ~ not happening. my bad. well, itćs actuallz the result of a series of miscommunications, changes in plans, and failures to communicate. we trz to keep those to a minimum, but sometimes a few squeeye through.

be on the lookout for a special post. coming as soon as enough sleep coincides with a stable internet connection.

jonathan
sour29

Post by sour29 »

Hello, Jon! Good to see you here, and to know that my hunch was, perhaps, correct. I think it's awesome that this here Saloon is home to your first message board post ever -- welcome to the dark side, my friend. I hope you don't get as addicted as I am. Today is a day off, so I've been mostly sitting about (too much snow outside to get anything done!); thus, I must've been on this site 20 times. It's pathetic, really. But makes for good times. I don't know if there's anything in particular I want to know (unless you want to help out with the tabs in the Band Nerd section of the Saloon!?), but you should come around and post every now and again because us groupies appreciate that funky junky. And then we're less likely to throw rotting fruit at you if you fudge a note at a show. *nods*

Also, learn how to use FLAC, as per our conversation last October, ok? ;)
Patr!ck

Post by Patr!ck »

Huh, I never figured to welcome Jon to the boards.

Welcome Jon!

And Sour, I'm glad I didn't come here quite as much as you did, I think I kept my visits somewhere around the 15 mark. Because work is boring. School is boring. Internet is not boring.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Well hi! Welcome! Thanks for coming! I didn't mean to be so complain-y above.

It's so good to see you here, did you bring your friend Nabil?! He never visits either.

Actually, I don't have any specific questions, I just wanted to say hello. How are you enjoying the band so far?

Also, when I first heard that you were in the band, I misheard "Jonathan Richman" and thought, "Wow really? That's really weird, but I guess you never know." In retrospect, I'm glad the LW aren't going all twee after all.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Hey there, Jonathan! I hope you don't take my post as an insult; I was merely trying to be constructive, suggest a possible remedy. Also, I know well how these things go with the plan-changing and communication issues. Some friends had to cancel an enitre East Coast tour this past fall because just a couple of places cancelled. Looks like it's gonna go through now, though.

Just so you know, I am harassing friends in St. Louis and SLC to come to your shows. They've listened to me go on about TLW ad nauseum for ages, and it's about time they get their own tastes of the magic. More to come, perhaps.

Anyhoooo...I was the redheaded weirdo fan in Denton, TX last September who didn't know who the hell you were.

*sheepish grin*

Welcome.
No You Are
Current Heading: North

Post by No You Are »

So... what do we do to haze the new guy?
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

No You Are wrote:So... what do we do to haze the new guy?

Well, he's already been mistaken for a session-player by at least one of us...*BLUSH*

We could send him over to HD on a panty-raid...?
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth »

hey, if he can make someone else the newbie, doesn't that mean he's off the hook?
surely Nabil can get internet on that snazzy Blueberry of his...

for the record, I think we should all have weird keyboards, it makes for great posts

ps: I only just realised that Myspace blogs cannot be read unless you have an account - I will file the blogposts in the Library and let you know when they're up, my principal friend.
Moni

Post by Moni »

jrothman wrote:jonathan

Bonsoir, bienvenu et merci beaucoup for donating the very last band kazoo yesterday! It's in a happy place now.
(and I'm not french, I'm just pretending, for no good reason really)
junker347

Post by junker347 »

looks like Croatia switches the Y and Z like on the German keyboards... hey Europe, you use the same money, let's see some freaking keyboard standards!