Toronto March 27th?

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Goregirl

Toronto March 27th?

Postby Goregirl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Hey! Well if I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry...this would be my first post on this forum.

I saw on The Long Winters' tour schedule that they are slated to play in Toronto this March 27th, but Ticketmaster doesn't seem to collaborate? Anyone know if this show is for sure? I hope so, they were amazing last time they came to Toronto, I'll be getting that day off work for sure if they are coming back.

Thanks for any help!

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Dear Gore Girl,

You like the Long Winters and are Canadian. Thus, I like you.

As such, I will tell you that shows at the El Mo are virtually never, ever on Ticketmaster. No sir -- you're much likely to either have to pick them at at Rotate This! (Rotate.com/tickets.php) and/or The Horseshoe, OR advance tickets will not go on sale and you will have to just pay at the doors. It's becoming increasingly likely that this latter option is ours.

Last I checked at the ElMo website, there is nothing scheduled for that day. I'm betting the website people are lazy, or just aren't in-the-know. It will happen. If it doesn't happen there, I'll let the band play at my house, or something. That'd be sweet. Yeah.

Goregirl

Postby Goregirl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:19 pm

Hey Sour29,

Great, thanks for the info! I'm not actually from Toronto (London, 3 hours away) which is why I wanted to find out for sure and would have to take the day off work (no car). That link for Rotate This though should work perfectly. I really appreciate all your help & likely see ya at the show if you are going too!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:09 pm

If? IF? It will only be my sixth show (and then I'm travelling to Montreal for my seventh)! I haven't missed a Canadian tour since they were on tour with Sondre Lerche (sp?) and Nada Surf. I noticed you were from London, but I don't fault you for that. In fact, your willingness to travel impresses me. Keep an eye on this board -- I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything (ie. tickets won't be going on sale at Rotate). See you there, no doubt!

zach

Postby zach » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Goregirl,

May I ask the secret behind your name? Is it a reference to 'blood and...' or one of the numerous other possible namesakes (ex-vice-president of the United States, 60s pop chart hero, or provocative writer and political commentator?)

Sincerely,
Zach (Gore)

Goregirl

Postby Goregirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:03 am

Hmmm, the secret of my name. Nothing so glamourous I'm afraid. I don't care one iota for politics, so it's nothing to do with Mr. Al. It's actually from a horror movie called The Gore Gore Girls from 1972. That and I'm a girl, who watches plenty of movies with gore in them. I've gone by this nick in internet land for some time now (mainly on www.rateyourmusic.com).

Anyhow, thanks Sour29 for keeping me abreast of things. I will definitely pop my head in every now and then for updates, your help has been immeasurably great! Ps, sorry to imply that you may not be going to the show, you could have had a relative's birthday or something hehe

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:47 am

sour29 wrote: on tour with Sondre Lerche (sp?) and Nada Surf.

yes, correct spelling :-)

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 am

Goregirl wrote:sorry to imply that you may not be going to the show, you could have had a relative's birthday or something hehe
I don't think my mother's funeral *knock on wood* could keep me from this show.

icapants

Postby icapants » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:03 am

sour29 wrote:
Goregirl wrote:sorry to imply that you may not be going to the show, you could have had a relative's birthday or something hehe
I don't think my mother's funeral *knock on wood* could keep me from this show.

DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:37 pm

Sometimes I overdo the hyperbole. :S

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 pm

yay long winters in toronto

icapants

Postby icapants » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:54 pm

sour29 wrote:Sometimes I overdo the hyperbole. :S

I WILL CONTINUE E-YELLING AT YOU FOR IT.

dcaley

Postby dcaley » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:30 pm

Goregirl

Postby Goregirl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:28 pm

Oh that's great, thanks so much for that info!

Return to “Give Me a Moment”