Toronto Show, March 27th!

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

forgettheinternet

Toronto Show, March 27th!

Postby forgettheinternet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Hey kids, how many of you out there going to the Toronto show? You know you want to. I'm coming to Toronto from Vancouver on the 26th, and plan to be at the show the next day. If I can navigate myself around town...

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Like I said on Facebook, I'll meet you and accompany. I have to go earlier than later, though, because I have to butter up the soundguy to try and get a patch into the board. Anyone in the band want to meet up for dinner? Any fans want to? We could have a big party.

forgettheinternet

Postby forgettheinternet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:13 pm

Hows early, I don't mind early, where shall we meet up? I am fully down with dinner/drinks/cupcake party beforehand. But like I said, I don't know downtown Toronto whatsoever. Um, I know where this place called the Pickle Barrel is. Thats pretty much it.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:19 pm

Stay away from the Pickle Barrel.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Anyone up for a dinner / cupcake party? Seriously. John? Jon? Kyle? Everyone else?

dcaley

Postby dcaley » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:32 am

im hoping i can make it to the show. we'll see how the day goes tomorrow. any idea how long their set is for this tour? is it the same as the show last fall?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 am

The reported set lists have been sparse, but it's safe to say they'll play for at least 90 minutes, if not longer.

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:27 pm

i could go for dinner before the show.
i'm meeting my dad at the venue at 8-8:30 ish, he took me to the shins, so i told him i'd treat him to this. i'll check in on the boards around noon tommorow, and i have classes til 4. awesome if the boys came.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:06 am

In my experience, a band can rarely plan dinner since they may not be sure at what time they make it to the venue, and even so they usually don't know exactly when they can set up and soundcheck. It involves an amazing lot of waiting and hanging around for that brief moment on stage - although TLW manage to stretch that moment to worthy length these days.

dianna

Postby dianna » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Liesbeth wrote:In my experience, a band can rarely plan dinner since they may not be sure at what time they make it to the venue, and even so they usually don't know exactly when they can set up and soundcheck. It involves an amazing lot of waiting and hanging around for that brief moment on stage - although TLW manage to stretch that moment to worthy length these days.

Ironically enough, I ate dinner at the same restaurant as the band last time they played Chapel Hill, but we were there at different times.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:49 pm

What a beeeeeeeeautiful day for a Long Winters show. Although perhaps misappropriate, all names considered. It's like, June outside. I'm loving it.

dcaley

Postby dcaley » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:48 pm

set times:
Doors: 8pm
Stars of Track & Field: 9pm
The Broken West: 10pm
The Long Winters: 11pm

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:39 pm

great time at the show.
once again a kinda sparse crowd, kinda disapointed in toronto. i think a friday or saturday would probably draw more, maybe even all ages.
but yeah john was once again hilarious, and i'm digging the moustache.

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:21 am

Hear hear on the all ages! My girlfriend (who I got by playing/singing Breeze for) couldn't attend because she isn't 18 yet!!! Argh!

Sally

Postby Sally » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:04 pm

Hear hear on the Friday or Saturday night!
With work schedules, etc, it is impossible for me to come out for a mid-week show... I hope John will give Toronto another chance to show that we can be a non-sparse crowd! Believe me, I was there in spirit... and a bit grumpy all day cuz I couldn't come...
But, as sour said- great day for a show- it did it did feel like June!

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Sally wrote:Hear hear on the Friday or Saturday night!
With work schedules, etc, it is impossible for me to come out for a mid-week show... I hope John will give Toronto another chance to show that we can be a non-sparse crowd! Believe me, I was there in spirit... and a bit grumpy all day cuz I couldn't come...
But, as sour said- great day for a show- it did it did feel like June!

If you can't <i>make</i> time to see The Long Winters, maybe you don't need to see The Long Winters. This doesn't just go for you, but everyone who says "I can't make it because of school/work/child birth! Whatever, just go.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:48 pm

kyle_s9 wrote:great time at the show.
once again a kinda sparse crowd, kinda disapointed in toronto. i think a friday or saturday would probably draw more, maybe even all ages.
You should have seen Montreal. As the Broken West played, I counted approximately 40 people in the room -- including the people in the bands, sound crew, and bar/door staff. The number dropped to maybe 20 for the Long Winters. But the show was fantastic. Setlists and recording information to come.

Unfortunately, my string of soundboard recording problems in Toronto remains unblemished -- I had to record with my crappy microphone due to a female XLR adapter when I needed a male. :@

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:26 pm

sour29 wrote:
kyle_s9 wrote:great time at the show.
You should have seen Montreal. As the Broken West played, I counted approximately 40 people in the room -- including the people in the bands, sound crew, and bar/door staff. The number dropped to maybe 20 for the Long Winters. But the show was fantastic. Setlists and recording information to come.

Unfortunately, my string of soundboard recording problems in Toronto remains unblemished -- I had to record with my crappy microphone due to a female XLR adapter when I needed a male. :@

That kinda ruined my day......

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:07 am

You're telling me. I had spent $90 on all sorts of cables and adapters, so I'd be prepared for any sort of soundboard I may come across. I was still missing at least two. :(

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:27 am

Wow, that is hard.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”