St. Louis 4/7/07

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

nwheather

St. Louis 4/7/07

Post by nwheather »

I just bought my ticket.

I have nowhere to stay--I suppose I shall have to turn around and head back right afterward?--am in between jobs as of the coming Thursday, and am driving a car badly in need of an alternator belt. This week is gonna kick my ass, but I think it's gonna kinda rule as well.

Anyone else going, then?
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

i am likely going. and john or someone from the band should pm me, if they are in town early i can get the band to the top of the arch for free, for i will be working.
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

I could see John holding out for the "rope swing" to be added :-)
ChadyzGroove

Post by ChadyzGroove »

this free ride to the top will work for anybody with a long winters shirt and/or ticket this saturday only if they pm me before they come.
no other obligation needed.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

That's awfully kind of you, uh...sir? madam?...but considering I have to spend 8 hours getting there, my hunch is I'll arrive sometime around showtime. If you're wearing your tour-guide gear, though, I'll be sure to recognize you and say 'hey'. Or you could start yelling about Dune. Either way.

Alternator belt's replaced--going much further after St. Louis, it turns out. So I really hope I manage to sleep for a few minutes sometime after the show.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

safe roadtripping, heather!
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Aw, thanks Liesbeth.

How's this for fun: my friend, who I'd thought I could stay with, got out-of-town family guests out of the blue, so I'm place-to-crash-less. I may well be leaving after the show to drive to Chapel Hill. E-fucking-gad.

Look out, Kentucky!
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Sorry it's taken so long, sorry also that the details are a bit fuzzy with the extra time. (Not to mention Jagermeister! Eric!) I had a bit of a road-trip after that, and just recently I've been dealing with the logistics of ending a six-year relationship. Excuses, excuses...I submit myself for flogging.

I don't know that I've ever been to a more brilliant show. Both the openers were fantastic. John did a cute little monkey-dance onstage. As stated in another thread, the harmonies were faultless. If y'all want a setlist, you're gonna have to ask the tour guide over there. I just remember loving every minute.

Much like dating, there is apparently an unwritten rulebook on physical contact at LW shows. Near as I can tell, this is how it goes through #3:

1st show: nada.
2nd show: handshake.
3rd show: hug.

I am both looking forward to and slightly apprehensive about what happens at #4. Ya know?
sour29

Post by sour29 »

nwheather wrote:and just recently I've been dealing with the logistics of ending a six-year relationship.
:( No flogging from me.

1st show: nada.
2nd show: handshake.
3rd show: hug.
Fairly accurate, but I think I stuck the handshake out for the 2nd through 4th shows, and have been hugging for shows 5 through 7. But I've always moved slow.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

hipster handshakes?
zach

Post by zach »

Liesbeth wrote:hipster handshakes?

That's a real good band name.

and/or

t-shirt.