"In The Land Of Women"-"New Girl"

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

h4ck
Current Heading: East

Post by h4ck »

gf saw it on tv too.

i REALLY hope this doesn't result in a board/concert full of screaching 12 year old fan girls.
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

After listening to a couple of your tapes, seems like we already have that problem. ;)
h4ck

Post by h4ck »

ohsnap
Harvey Winters

Post by Harvey Winters »

h4ck wrote:gf saw it on tv too.

I REALLY hope this doesn't result in a board/concert full of screaching 12 year old fan girls.

Is that a veiled HD reference???
(Disturbing Behavior)
What Pancakes Do

Post by What Pancakes Do »

I saw it too... or should I say 'heard it'. I was getting ready for work in another room and heard music from a Rilo Kiley song I think. Next I heard 'New Girl' and realized that it must be the trailer or TV spot that y'all have been talking about. Way to go again Long Winters!
h4ck

Post by h4ck »

ooooooooh i saw it.

and no, not a HD reference.... my HD experience is limited to the "Little by Little" album
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

h4ck wrote:ooooooooh i saw it.

and no, not a HD reference.... my HD experience is limited to the "Little by Little" album

no KJV??? your loss!
Flyn

Post by Flyn »

I think King James Version is a fairly difficult album to find for a lot of people, though it's certainly worth the effort. I saw the commercial a couple days ago, and thought to myself, "oh cool, rich isn't crazy."
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Flyn wrote:I think King James Version is a fairly difficult album to find for a lot of people, though it's certainly worth the effort. I saw the commercial a couple days ago, and thought to myself, "oh cool, rich isn't crazy."

yes, it was actually difficult for me when i was trying to get into during early spring '04 before the reunion show. then i put it back on in early '05 and i've never looked back. good albums can be funny like that. i think everyone should give KJV a few chances.
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

we saw the commercial this weekend. even the kid noticed. i was pretty impressed. from the corner of the room i heard a little voice say "i hear the long winters". that's my boy!
sour29

Post by sour29 »

I'm so impressed by those of you training your kids good and young.
kaiden

Post by kaiden »

Yay, I finally saw it. It was on twice within the same hour on TBS. I'd say the song upped the likeability of the movie tenfold. Now if only TLW played throughout the entirety of the film then I might actually go see it.
zach

Post by zach »

kaiden wrote:Yay, I finally saw it. It was on twice within the same hour on TBS. I'd say the song upped the likeability of the movie tenfold. Now if only TLW played throughout the entirety of the film then I might actually go see it.

It sounds like "Through With Love" might be the movie for you.
kyle_s9

Post by kyle_s9 »

just saw it on tv
was very surprised.
awesome
h4ck

Post by h4ck »

is through with love out yet?
sour29

Post by sour29 »

Not even close. According to the most recent journal, it's about 1/2 edited with rough (ie. straight cut and probably imprecise ) transitions. I'd be a bit surprised to see it out in 2007 -- but you never know. It's a terribly ambitious project, and the boys don't want it released half-assed. When it hits shelves, I'm 110% positive it will be worth every second of waiting.
h4ck

Post by h4ck »

yeah, i found the site.. i really can't wait!
CalebBiss

Post by CalebBiss »

I just saw this. Pretty sweet.
Patr!ck

Post by Patr!ck »

Just saw it, downstairs with my stepdad.

Even though my girlfriend just broke up with me because she needs someone who will support her in the Navy, and because I"m such an asshole after an 8 hour work day busting my ass; it brightened my day a little.

Oh shit, did I say all that. I meant: it was cool.
NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Post by NatureBoy »

sour29 wrote:Not even close. According to the most recent journal, it's about 1/2 edited with rough (ie. straight cut and probably imprecise ) transitions. I'd be a bit surprised to see it out in 2007 -- but you never know. It's a terribly ambitious project, and the boys don't want it released half-assed. When it hits shelves, I'm 110% positive it will be worth every second of waiting.

...my transitions are always precise, even in a rough cut!

Also: the HD footage from the Seattle show looks pretty great. I can't wait to dig in and edit it together. This will probably start in a few days.