People In a Position To Know

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Mike McCusker

People In a Position To Know

Postby Mike McCusker » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:34 am

I got an email from this label, "People in a Poistion To Know" and it says that on their fantastically limited release, vinyl only singles club that TLW will be featured. Or thath they already featured on the first series (which sold out beofre I got to register).

My questions are: what is/was the release on PIAPTK?
And: Is it an is or a was?

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:17 pm

never heard of it, and their website doesn't list them on the releases sofar, but it does say this (http://sota.llarian.net/PIAPTK/subscription.htm):
Who's On It?
Here is a list of bands that have agreed to contribute (all are tentative until I have the recordings in my hot little hands ( I already have quite a few), but they have all confirmed (there are several other VERY exciting artists that have expressed interest, but can't give us a time frame yet.) There will be some splits, and some full releases. Some of these bands you have heard of, some of them you probably haven't, but every one of these artists have a very special place in the hearts of the folks here at PIAPTK.
(In no particular order) Viking Moses, Tender Forever, Angelo Spencer, Magnolia Electric Co, Of Montreal, Emily Jane Powers, The Poster Children, The Wrens, Norfolk and Western, Saturday Looks Good To Me, Will Johnson of Centromatic, The Long Winters, AM/FM, Tim Kinsella, Southerly, Sandman The Rappin' Cowboy, Jad Fair of Half Japanese, Little Wings, Karl Blau, Dark Side of the Cop, Miniature And Presidential, SuperXXman, MGMT, Wooden Wand, Clay Ruby (Zodiacs/Davenports), Casper and the Cookies, The Impossible Shapes, etc, with more to come!

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:44 am

OK, I have been subscribed to this damn group for 13 months now, and haven't heard a damn thing. Tell me -- did anything ever become of this? Anyone have anymore deets? Anyone want to email this guy and ask him WTF?

Thanks.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 am

Hm, there have been periodic messages, so if you didn't get any, something must have gone wrong with your subscription. Most of it is announcements of vinyl in the most awesometastic shapes and colours.

I meant to post the following here, but it came in mid-December 2007 and got lost in the holiday frenzy:
The Limited Edition Subscription Club is sadly in a state of
indefinite hibernation. Due to quite a few factors beyond our control,
we are having to retire the main Limited Edition Subscription Club for
the time being. We had a lot of great bands lined up, and hopefully,
we will be able to release them soon as independent releases (the
first being the CTFPA/Concern split). We do, however, plan to continue
the Trust Series (a few of which are still available).

I will be sure to keep track of their mailing list to see if the Long Winters show up eventually.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say
"I signed up and have been getting loads and loads of e-mails not containing any information on the Long Winters and thus they are instantly disregarded, regardless of their inherent value."
But thanks. I un-subscribed yesterday, so if anything DOES come up concerning the LW's, I'm counting on you, dear Liesbeth, to let us know ASAP. :)

Mike in Oly

Postby Mike in Oly » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm

hello everyone, this is mike from piaptk. In response to your inquiries, here is what is going on:

The record is still planned, probably as a split with Rat Cat Hogan. Just talked to Eric last week, and they have been busy recording the new record and havent finished the stuff for me yet. It will *probably* be at least two older songs with rewritten/rerecorded vocals (which is what we are waiting on) and possibly a Velvet Underground cover. I will be sure to keep you informed as things progress, but right now is just a waiting game. I would love for you to sign up on our email list at piaptk.com. We really do have some releases that you might enjoy, and there are samples from all of the albums on the site.

Thanks!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Haha. I just realized what an asshole I sounded like... :S

Mike in Oly

Postby Mike in Oly » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:04 am

sour29 wrote:Haha. I just realized what an asshole I sounded like... :S

Well, we really only send out messages about 10 times a year... And only when there are new releases, for the most part. I hate mailing lists that send stuff twice a week as much as everyone else...

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 am

at least youre not sucking the blood out of poodles, sour!

but im voting for grant for king of north america! woo!

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I'd make this my signature if we still had that function.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”