Long Winters taping policy

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Long Winters taping policy

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 am

Want to capture a Long Winters show, but wonder if that's okay? Good news, you no longer have to search the 30.000+ posts on this board to find out!

The taping policy itself is the same good news as always: the band are fine with people making audience recordings of shows, both audio and video. They also have no problems with you sharing them with other people, as long as you don't charge money for it. The band would like to get a hardcopy of your recording though, which you can either send by post through Barsuk c.o. the Long Winters/John Roderick, or give in person at a show.

Obvious exception are shows which are or have been recorded for release by the band, such as the Showbox show of April 2007.

h4ck
Current Heading: East

Postby h4ck » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:28 pm

i should have my 3 shows from the last tour burned to a disc for em next time they come through.

matthewsturm

Postby matthewsturm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I have two shows from Indi and one from Mercury Lounge that I recorded on mini discs then transfered to one Laserdisc if you want 'em.

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:46 am

want.

(i know you didn't ask me, just sayin' :)

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 am

Yeah, ummmmm....
Being a NYer, and also having a birthday last night, I'd love a copy of the Mercury show...
It sounds like it'd make a great gift!!!

JadeGordon
Current Heading: Descending

Re: Long Winters taping policy

Postby JadeGordon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:17 am

SO, I've been searching around, and have yet to find the info...

What is the current policy? Still this? What about just photos? I've got a ticket to the Showbox show in October, and the Showbox says fine as long as band allows, and as long as I don't use professional stuff (which I don't seem to!).

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Still this. Just don't have any ridiculously annoying flashes or equipment that impedes performance or audience enjoyment, and you're more than welcome to snap away with anything you'd like.

JadeGordon
Current Heading: Descending

Postby JadeGordon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah, I'm considering taping my flash shut as a gesture of "I'm not that kind of dope, I promise!" - I even turn off the LCD screen and stick with the viewfinder so I'm not lighting up a screen in front of folks. I may not get fantastic photos, but it's mainly for memories anyhow!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 am

oops, completely missed this post in September, so my reply is too late for the Showbox show (hope it was good), but when I once talked to some band members about this, they were okay with mild flash as well, as long as you don't shoot a 1000 pics or flash right into their faces...

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:44 am

Liesbeth wrote: they were okay with mild flash as well, as long as you don't shoot a 1000 pics or flash right into their faces...
Yeah, I think I ended up sounding like no flashes at all, but highlighted text is what I meant by no "ridiculously annoying" flashes.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”