San Francisco Show, 7/17

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:10 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I love the spontaneity of any given Long Winters show. I saw them what? Three times on the WIPTF tour, and four one the PTDTB tour, and I could say that each and every show was completely unique and memorable for totally different reasons.

I know I can't say that about very many of their peers, who I made the mistake of seeing two or more times on a tour (or even across tours) and yawning after the first night.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 am

Ouch, feel your pain Squid. Don't know what's worse, the 14 hr day at work or the pouting pitbull. Tell me it doesn't slobber at least.

I have to admit that as much as I love the mayhem of a Long Winters show, I have on occasion wondered if there's a limit to what they can get away with, in terms of 'winging it'. Mostly they do though, which never ceases to amaze me.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:17 pm

You'll notice that the author of that MySpace post is named DivaMom or something like that. Not to dis on Divas (or moms), because we count many of them among our dearest friends, but perhaps this particular one was expecting something more along the lines of a Goo Goo Dolls concert.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:22 pm

John wrote:You'll notice that the author of that MySpace post is named DivaMom or something like that. Not to dis on Divas (or moms), because we count many of them among our dearest friends, but perhaps this particular one was expecting something more along the lines of a Goo Goo Dolls concert.
#1. Finally, someone who knows how to spell "dis" properly. You, sir, have made my week.

#2. Well put.

#3. The real question remains at large: what happened to your guitar, and is she OK? :O

Moni

Postby Moni » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:20 am

Well someone else apparently had a really great time (probably because he's a self-proclaimed indie-geek!):
http://indiegeek.com/?p=48

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:44 pm

the goo goo dolls are poo. john is #1, literally, but not that other reference! im just saying hes number one at everything he does.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”