lyrical inspiration?

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

leigh

lyrical inspiration?

Postby leigh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 pm

I just checked out John's Twitter account and he appears to be searching for material for lyrics on the new album. Seems like we could provide some ideas? Personally, I find that snacking on drunken goat cheese releases some "creativity endorphins:"

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Re: lyrical inspiration?

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:29 am

are you saying that John should write about the cheese, or eat it to know what to write about?

If John is looking for topics, I for one could do with a new good New Years' song. ABBA is a staple of course, but other than Death Cab there really isn't much that lights up my life musically on the topic.
Oh bull, what I really want is to be surprised by what John comes up with and how he phrases it. Even if it is ring-a-ding, although that seems to need some work. Granted, Dutch band Teach-In scored a big hit with a song called Ding-a-Dong, but that was in the 70s and won them the Eurovision Song Contest.

leigh

Postby leigh » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:28 am

Liesbeth wrote:are you saying that John should write about the cheese, or eat it to know what to write about?

Either or both...I think TLW could pull off "the cheese has been drinking, not me" nod to Tom Waits but I also think that if John ate the cheese (which by the way tastes a bit like unsalted butter, but in a much more pleasant way) he could somehow weave that into a girl done me/I done girl wrong song.

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I recommend wearing nicotine patches at night for inspiration. You get the wildest dreams. Could be good if John's looking for a psychedelic slant to the new one.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:16 am

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:16 pm

I'd like a song about someone who is wrong, but thinks they are right. Who believes, though they can find no sympathy in any other human being. ring-a-ding.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 pm

I just want Through With Love.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”