Rock band

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

h4ck
Current Heading: East

Rock band

Postby h4ck » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:59 pm

"Independent artists will be able to use the XNA Creator's Club to produce the Rock Band note-charts for their music and sell them in game later this year. Bands will use their original song masters and generate a MIDI file that produces the game 'gems' to which players can follow along. Tracks must pass a review process with other XNA members, and then a final approval from MTV Games. Songs will be sold for between 50 cents and $3, with the artist getting a 30% cut after MTV and Microsoft take their cut. The best tracks will also make their way to the Wii and PS3 after a 30-day exclusive period."

john, any opinions on this? will i be rockin' out with my plastic guitar or are you fundamentally against this sort of thing.

on the other hand, i do remember you saying you'll do anything as long as you're paid for it...right?

John
King God, Mang

Re: Rock band

Postby John » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Well, it's not like I'll do just ANYTHING. But this seems like harmless fun. I played the Rockband game once. I wish my guitar only had four buttons.

Patr!ck

Postby Patr!ck » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm

My vote is something like Rich Wife, or Departure. Rich Wife seems like a better choice to introduce people who have never heard the Winters. It's gotta be something that has a cool, prominent guitar part and words that are fun to sing. Also, add a great guitar solo.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 pm

I would go with Cinnamon, personally. Three chords -- so could be easy on easy and normal difficulties, but with all those pull-offs and hammer-on's? Could get ridiculous for hard and expert. And catchy as all Hell.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”