A Long Winters Christmas Miracle!!!

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

junkyardtodd

A Long Winters Christmas Miracle!!!

Postby junkyardtodd » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 pm

So, my company was just bought out by the competition, and today was the day we would find out if we still had jobs, and I was just completely freaking out, and I grabbed a random CD to sing along with on the way to work, cuz that always makes me feel better, right? So it happened to be When I Pretend to Fall, and I was bellowing along with Stupid and Prom Night at Hater High and (of course) New Girl, and I was still freaked out but I was in a much better mood, and then later that day they called me in and told me that I still had my job, and I said it was all about keeping a positive attitude, which was much easier cuz of the awesome tunes!

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Re: A Long Winters Christmas Miracle!!!

Postby sour29 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Glad that you got to keep your job! No one wants to find out they're unemployed two days before Christmas. Not even atheists. Cool to hear that the Long Winters got to be the soundtrack to this little slice of your life.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 pm

now that's good to hear.
This brings a picture in my head of a LW Christmas musical, where our protagonist will have to battle great difficulties before finally spending his Christmas morning giving 'presents' to his beloved. Oh dear.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:40 am

You just ruined Christmas.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 am

Sorry mate, but perhaps you could try your luck at the Mariah Carey board? All I want for Christmas is such a gem, isn't it?

Squid

Postby Squid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14 am

Liesbeth, you saucy minx!

Mr. Junkyard, congrats on the news about your job. I'm bonding with you from afar on this - many's the time I've stared intently my collection just before leaving the house trying to work out EXACTLY what I needed to hear to get me through some difficult situation. Have a great holiday.

Ps: I am reminded of the words of ODB (RIP), who once said, and I quote: "Me and Mariah go together like babies and pacifiers". I strongly agree.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”