my idea. crazy as it is.

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

brently

my idea. crazy as it is.

Postby brently » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:46 am

i am seriously thinking about starting up a fanclub. whether it be the long winters, harvey danger, death cab for cutie, or barsuk in general, i dont know.

hell, it could even be a john roderick fanclub. or a sean nelson fanclub.

i just need some suggestions.

and please keep in mind, i am totally serious about this. i mean, i'll make people membership cards and all that good stuff. and quarterly newsletters.

inverted/converted

Re: my idea. crazy as it is.

Postby inverted/converted » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:09 pm

WOo hoo! and obsessive fan club! Membership cards, i'm in.

-Yinnia

BladeRunner

Postby BladeRunner » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:56 pm

I'd go with just a Northwestern Sound Fan Club, 'cause there's nothing wrong with Noise For Pretend. And they're niether a Barsuk or Seattle band.

Damien_82

Postby Damien_82 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:35 pm

Considering HD's days are numbered, I'm not sure that going that route would be best. How about a fan club of the fans of HD and LW? I want a Fans of HD and LW fan club.

brently

Postby brently » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:23 pm

i really like that idea about the northwestern sound fanclub.

i think what i will do is make a few designs. and then let people choose which one they want on their membership card.

awesome. this will be so so fun.

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:27 pm

Personally, I'd like to start a fan club for Merlin. Secret handshakes and everything. Who's down?

ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby ChadyzGroove » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:36 pm

i am currently working on a fansite but it could be weeks... http://longwinters.sphosting.com id expect it to be up soon

MoxieVoxie

Postby MoxieVoxie » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:28 pm

Hrrmmm

Don't you think that that Roderick fella already has a big enough head as it is? Literally. His head is HUGE. If you give the guy a fanclub, it might swell and he won't be able to fit into those farmer caps he seems to like so much.

Really though, there are probably already some general nw band clubs out there.

an abstersive

Postby an abstersive » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:56 pm

MoxieVoxie wrote:Hrrmmm

Don't you think that that Roderick fella already has a big enough head as it is? Literally. His head is HUGE. If you give the guy a fanclub, it might swell and he won't be able to fit into those farmer caps he seems to like so much.

Really though, there are probably already some general nw band clubs out there.

whoa, where i come that's a stone-cold dis.

unless this "moxievoxie" character is a friend of john's, in which case any and all good-natured ribbing goes.

as far as this "fan club" goes, i would probably back a barsuk fan club (although i would probably not join unless it was like the sub-pop singles club, in which case i would be all over it. ALL OVER IT. THAT IS A NOT-SO-SUBTLE-HINT to those among us who are atop the mount olympus of the barsuk universe.)

oh, and as far as all this harvey danger talk goes, i'm not so sure it's appropriate to continually lump the long winters in with harvey danger because they're really, really, really. really not that much alike. and sharing members or production teams or whatever does not make them more alike. outside of their sharing the sometimes-appropriate label of "bitter pop music," i don't see so much of a similarity.

and harvey danger's days are not numbered, mr. damien_82, they are long gone. honestly, long gone. since may of 2001, i think? or something like that. aside from this one-off thing on barsuk and maybe one or two reunion shows as a result, i believe it's safe to say that they are a thing of the past. really.

(sorry if this sounds bitchy--i really mean the best with it. just in a little bit of a mood.)

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:31 am

meg wrote:Personally, I'd like to start a fan club for Merlin. Secret handshakes and everything. Who's down?

If there'll be a monthly newsletter and a weekly kungfugrippe digest, I'm in, totally!!

That'd also give people the chance to find Merlin's site via other methods than a google search for sanitary pad photos.

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:52 am

Liz wrote:That'd also give people the chance to find Merlin's site via other methods than a google search for sanitary pad photos.

Or "LJ codes."

Although FREE LJ CODES AND SANITARY PAD PHOTOS would be a really catchy name for the club. If by "catchy" I mean "not so much."

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:41 pm

meg wrote:
Liz wrote:That'd also give people the chance to find Merlin's site via other methods than a google search for sanitary pad photos.
Although FREE LJ CODES AND SANITARY PAD PHOTOS would be a really catchy name for the club. If by "catchy" I mean "not so much."

Awesome. I hope there'll be fan conventions and stuff?

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:09 pm

meg wrote:Personally, I'd like to start a fan club for Merlin. Secret handshakes and everything. Who's down?

Oh, he has several already, in numerous different states (both in the geographic and psychological senses of the word). I'm a charter member of at least two of them.

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:20 pm

grant wrote:Oh, he has several already, in numerous different states (both in the geographic and psychological senses of the word). I'm a charter member of at least two of them.

I'm always the last to know.

Maybe I should start a Brooklyn chapter? Is there a franchise kit I can order?

Merlin
Kaiser of Nerds

[snif]

Postby Merlin » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:55 pm

You guys are gonna make me cry.

You magnificent bastards.

sean
consigliere

or

Postby sean » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:46 pm

maybe instead of a fan club, it should be a *fun* club.

dhalo

pfft!

Postby dhalo » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:07 am

what about an eric corsen or a michael shilling fan club. why they get no love, mang?

*cries*

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:27 am

meg wrote:
grant wrote:Oh, he has several already, in numerous different states (both in the geographic and psychological senses of the word). I'm a charter member of at least two of them.

I'm always the last to know.

Maybe I should start a Brooklyn chapter? Is there a franchise kit I can order?

One of the clubs gave out Merlin <tm> grey jumpsuits, capes and mullet wigs, but most of the members felt a little weird about wearing the uniform outside of actual meetings.

There may be a Brooklyn chapter already. This is probably not the chairman. But this may well be.

JimmiBondeski

Mistro, I say Right On!

Postby JimmiBondeski » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:09 am

Damien_82 wrote:How about a fan club of the fans of HD and LW? I want a Fans of HD and LW fan club.

All this talk of the end of HD makes me sad. Common, just one more album, for old times' sake. if we had a fan club for them, maybe we could lobby for one. I'm up for the double club. Someone get on that.

JimmiBondeski

Mistro, I say Right On!

Postby JimmiBondeski » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:09 am

Damien_82 wrote:How about a fan club of the fans of HD and LW? I want a Fans of HD and LW fan club.

All this talk of the end of HD makes me sad. Common, just one more album, for old times' sake. if we had a fan club for them, maybe we could lobby for one. I'm up for the double club. Someone get on that.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”