JR working on another non-TLW album; calls TLW "*so* 2007."

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

JR working on another non-TLW album; calls TLW "*so* 2007."

Postby sour29 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 pm

OK. So maybe I made that last part up, but it's starting to feel like that's something he COULD say. But at least this is something I can get excited about! My love of Kathleen Edwards is well documented around these parts. Here's a paragraph from a recent blog of Kathleen's:

I’ve been working with the fabulous John Roderick from The Long Winters, and so I’ve been many times to Seattle over the last few months. John’s town (yes, it is) is full of good sushi/bourbon bars (well, one specifically), and the Pacific Northwest has me so enamored I could easily find myself relocated… dare I say… to America. If you ever go to Seattle, a visit to the Crocodile Cafe, Zoe Restaurant, Liberty Bar, Kubota Gardens, Oddfellows, etc.. etc…, will make you a believer. It also doesn’t hurt that when you rent a car at the Seattle Airport, Dodge Challengers are available. Vroom vroom.

She's doing a three night weekly residency in town later this month so I will be sure to track her down and grill her for details. Film at 11.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Re: JR working on another non-TLW album; calls TLW "*so* 2007."

Postby grant » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 am

Dodge Challenger. Star of Vanishing Point.

I drove one from Indianapolis once. The driver's side front wheel flew off on 275 near St. Petersburg. Sparks flew.

I can see that on an album. It's a musical car.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 am

Wow, for a moment I thought John had a third project going besides the collaboration with Kathleen Edwards and the lads from Keane's thing. At least this we already knew about.
Very curious what it will be like, and when we can expect to hear anything from it...

sorry to be talking about music, but I know nothing about Dodge Challengers. Or any other kinda Dodge.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:10 pm

The advertisements for her residency shows advertise her album as coming out sometime this year. I don't know if that's fact or speculation on the PR guys part. And did we know that they are collaberating on a whole album? And now? I thought it was a "we will show up on a song or two on each other's respective forth-coming albums and maybe one day release an album as a duo and perhaps call ourselves johnleen" sort-of thing. Anyhow, carry on.

And sorry, I barely even know which pedal is gas and which is break. So I'm not one to comment on the car thing either. Guess I should get that liscence one of these days...

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

You HAVE to see Vanishing Point!!!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

okay Grant, I get it now: it's one hell of an ugly car but it becomes cool when dished up with plenty of groovy music, sideburns and screeching tyres, plus one naked blonde.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Cleavon Little is "Super Soul!"

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:30 am

He's blind, see, and through the songs he chooses, he guides Kowalski as he's chased by more and more cops across post-60s America.

Get it? GET IT?

Anyway, that's what I want out of this new music. Dodge Challengers. Kowalski. Outrunning The Man. With Super Soul.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”