Seattle Band Map

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

pahouk

Seattle Band Map

Postby pahouk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't know if anyone else has seen this site but it's an interactive map linking up Seattle bands: http://www.seattlebandmap.com
Typing in The Long Winters came up with Death Cab for Cutie, Harvey Danger, Head Like a Kite, Jesse Sykes, Western State Hurricanes, Shelby Earl, and Ghost Stories. So Death Cab, Harvey Danger, and WSH are fairly obvious. John and Eric just worked on Shelby Earl's new album. Jonathan was in Ghost Stories. I think Eric may have worked on the last Head like a Kite album? Not sure about Jesse Sykes. There's at least a few missing bands that I can think of. Nabil was in Alien Crime Syndicate and Micro Mini, right? Mike Squires is in Loaded (or is that not considered a Seattle band?). Also part of Dave Bazan's band played with the band for a few shows. Can anyone think of any others? (I'm excluding the one-off connections like when Michael Benjamin Lerner from Telekinesis played drums with the band, even though I think technically it's allowed.)

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Re: Seattle Band Map

Postby grant » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 am

Jesse Sykes... I know Jesse Sykes came up when I was searching YouTube for something. I think Mr. J-Rod may have produced an album. Or... hmmmm. Sweet Hereafter.

Maybe it was just listed in the links here (along with The Posies, Nada Surf and They Might Be Giants).

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 am

Hm, if the criterium is "Connections can be made between bands sharing members." as stated on the Band Map site, then I'm not entirely sure how Jesse Sykes links. And in that sense Shelby Earl is debatable as well? But I might add The Posies, if not for Darius Minwalla, then definitely for Ken Stringfellow joining the live band during their 2002 tour together.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Man, I just wasted a lot of time there. Pretty cool, though. I submitted some additions to it that some of you may notice when they get officially added.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”