Fall LW tour dates

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Will the Long Winters be following Death Cab into the lurid, miasmal swamps of Florida?
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

We're parting company with the great Death Cab in NYC, because we're going back to Europe in November.

Hence the dates south of NYC will be Mates of State Dates.

And then the west coast will be DCFC and Nada Surf.

That's all for now. All shows should be confirmed and posted soon.
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

October 10th with DCFC in Chicago.

http://www.metrochicago.com/

I'll be there. Will you?
Midori

Post by Midori »

John wrote:We're parting company with the great Death Cab in NYC, because we're going back to Europe in November.

Next time you're planning a tour, please consider Florida. We love you down here. And we smell good. Really good.
mildlyrestarted

Post by mildlyrestarted »

Damien_82 wrote:October 10th with DCFC in Chicago.

http://www.metrochicago.com/

I'll be there. Will you?

of course. stephanie and i plan to be in chicago, minneapolis, & iowa.. finally a promotion at work that allows some fucking vacation days!
trashcan_afterthought

Post by trashcan_afterthought »

please come to san diego :-)
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

And so we will meet again, mildlyrestarted.
call me stupid

Post by call me stupid »

Damien_82 wrote:And so we will meet again, mildlyrestarted.

yeah, what he said
stephanie

the real deal.

Post by stephanie »

Bunches of fall tour dates with Death Cab for Cutie and Centro-matic are up at Barsuk.

I'm super bummed that they're not playing both Chicago DCFC shows.

That many days off in that particular geographical location could, theoretically, result in a small-ish Milwaukee to-do. Just my $0.02.
Cynical_Satan
Current Heading: North

Post by Cynical_Satan »

Hmmmm...I too hope for some additional tour dates -- maybe below the Mason-Dixon line? Otherwise it's time to plan for a road trip to NYC!
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

What's with the whole "lets deny all LA County (or kids in the "OC") from seeing our show by going to Spaceland" type dealie. Not that I care much now, since I'm half-way between Portland, OR and San Francisco. Just wondering; you mentioned something about always booking LA "on a whim" and therefore in Spaceland.
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

tour dates are out and now and no show near st. louis :( well i guess chicago and indianapolis are but yeah still kind of hours away i guess i will go to the chicago show cuz its close and on a friday
galaxyhutgirl

Not coming to DC?

Post by galaxyhutgirl »

Life is so unfair....I thought you guys were playing DC (The Black Cat upstairs this time) with Death Cab!?!? Am I going to have to take the bus to NYC again? And how do I get tickets to the CMJ thing?
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

Tickets to CMJ shows are sold just like general show tickets, except there are a smidge fewer of them, as there's a certain amount of space reserved for festival badgeholders. Just keep an eye on Irving Plaza's website (regrettably, as a Clear Channel venue, they do use Ticketmaster) and snap 'em up when they appear.
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

well looks like the chicago thing works out for me cuz the day after im gonna go up to the six flags up there they have a superman ride that you fly like superman
wynkle

Post by wynkle »

Oh my dear God, when did they create that ride? sigh,I just don't go to Six Flags enough. I share your St. Louis disappointment, as that is where I live, but I too will journey out to Chicago. Blarg! Six hours on a train! But we all know that its worth it.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Yet another Chitown fan here, delurking (hi everyone) due to the suspiciously coincidental recent posts.

Here is my dilema:

October 10th just happens to be the very same night that my company has bought out Six Flags. This means no lines. Once you have been to an amusement park without the 2 hour lines, you are ruined forever and can only ride roller coasters when another no-line opportunity presents itself. It's too late for me, I'm already ruined. And I like roller coasters. A LOT.

And I know I don't have to make the case for The Long Winters' show. But lets just say I also like them. A LOT.

So I am forced to choose: Roller Coasters or Rock Show? Getting my Long Winters fix or setting the record for most times in a row on Giant Drop?

I have a bonafide problem here. Which one, which one?
Cynical_Satan

Post by Cynical_Satan »

Why not do both? Make it a day-night double header so to speak... I'm sure the guys don't go on til around 8ish?
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

So will DCFC be making a *surprise* appearance at the Tractor Tavern show?

Or do I have to drive to Spokane?
Cynical_Satan

Re: Not coming to DC?

Post by Cynical_Satan »

galaxyhutgirl wrote:Life is so unfair....I thought you guys were playing DC (The Black Cat upstairs this time) with Death Cab!?!? Am I going to have to take the bus to NYC again? And how do I get tickets to the CMJ thing?

Question: Were you by chance at the LW show at the Galaxy Hut, geez, about a year and a half ago? (From your name I bet yes...) And were you also at the following 2 LW shows at the Black Cat both upstairs and downstairs? I was at all of em', and the chance of talking with someone on the board who was at the Galaxy Hut show (Where I'm pretty sure all of 3 people clapped when John asked if they had heard of the band OR of Barsuk.) blows my mind.

Yea, I'm bummed about no DC show -- although I might make it down for just the DCFC show. But I'm really hoping for just one or two additional shows on a few of the off days since the CMJ show in NYC is smack dab in the middle of the week and that really puts a damper on any plans of driving up there.