Fall LW tour dates

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Why not do both? Make it a day-night double header so to speak... I'm sure the guys don't go on til around 8ish?

I wish that was possible, would make for one incredible day, but Six Flags doesn't open until nightfall. In October, they put cobwebs on everything and call it Fright Fest. So it's the one or the other.

Egads. Is this what the philosophers mean when they go on about grappling with a dual nature? Will it be physical thrills or spiritual healing? The phenomenol world or the sublime? Eminem or Dr. Dre?
the new girl

Post by the new girl »

Karousme wrote:So will DCFC be making a *surprise* appearance at the Tractor Tavern show?

Or do I have to drive to Spokane?

FYI- for anybody in Spokie or thinking of making the drive, I just saw tickets on sale at http://www.ticketswest.com. I'm excited, this should not only be a great show, but it's also incredibly rare that there's a decent show in little old Spokie.:)
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

The drive to Spokane would be worth it, but it's on Wed... I guess we'll have to see what the schedule has in store for me. Even if it comes down to driving over there and then sleeping in the car it's still worth it.
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

wynkle wrote:Oh my dear God, when did they create that ride? sigh,I just don't go to Six Flags enough. I share your St. Louis disappointment, as that is where I live, but I too will journey out to Chicago. Blarg! Six hours on a train! But we all know that its worth it.
well if you dont want to go on a train you can come with me and my friend i plan on taking off the 10-12 so id leave sometime on the afternoon on the 10th and come back on the 12th something to ponder if intrested. we are looking for 2 more people to come along, so the more the better. or you could come up with us and go back down by train on the 11th either way
wynkle

Post by wynkle »

Holy shit! Yes! yes! yes! thank you! My friend and I would love to go!
Virtual high- fives to you! yay! "virtual happy dance"
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Quite a Chitown following. I smell an after party.
ChadyzGroove

Post by ChadyzGroove »

Alright well you can give me an im on aim: MoreThanTheLess or msn: ChadyzGroove at msn dot com
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

I'm not technically a Chi-town fan, but I'll be at the show. Oh, I'll be there all right. And I'll be at the MSU show in East Lansing (God willing and the creek don't rise). It's going to be a joyous time.
galaxyhutgirl

Re: Not coming to DC?

Post by galaxyhutgirl »

Hehehe...you're absolutely right. I live right by the Hut and I was one of those people clapping.

I missed the 2nd Black Cat show because I was in NY, but I saw them at the Bowery the night before. (Where John mentioned that they *might* be coming to DC with Death Cab)

I think my job is going to prevent me from taking a trip to NYC midweek....bummer.

Cynical_Satan wrote:
galaxyhutgirl wrote:Life is so unfair....I thought you guys were playing DC (The Black Cat upstairs this time) with Death Cab!?!? Am I going to have to take the bus to NYC again? And how do I get tickets to the CMJ thing?

Question: Were you by chance at the LW show at the Galaxy Hut, geez, about a year and a half ago? (From your name I bet yes...) And were you also at the following 2 LW shows at the Black Cat both upstairs and downstairs? I was at all of em', and the chance of talking with someone on the board who was at the Galaxy Hut show (Where I'm pretty sure all of 3 people clapped when John asked if they had heard of the band OR of Barsuk.) blows my mind.

Yea, I'm bummed about no DC show -- although I might make it down for just the DCFC show. But I'm really hoping for just one or two additional shows on a few of the off days since the CMJ show in NYC is smack dab in the middle of the week and that really puts a damper on any plans of driving up there.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

No one said there wouldn´t be a DC show. Just not with DCFC.

And I would choose the rollercoasters, because soon we will own Chicago.
miss michaela dee

Post by miss michaela dee »

I'm piping up with a Texas request.

Pretty please?

I mean, I love travelling, and I love travelling to see y'alls play, but ... *sigh*
Do we just have to wait for SXSW again? I mean, if so, that's cool. Sorta.

Thank you kindly. :D
stephanie

superman: the movie: the ride

Post by stephanie »

Humboldt Grrrls + Long Winters + Six Flags Great America, the day after the Death Cab Metro show = eh?
Eh?

C'mon -- we all have the day off, I can hold everyone's stuff because I am unspeakably fucking terrified of rollercoasters, and maybe there could be a mini-gig in the amusement park parking lot.
Everyone wins.
Betty Felon

Re: superman: the movie: the ride

Post by Betty Felon »

stephanie wrote:Humboldt Grrrls + Long Winters + Six Flags Great America, the day after the Death Cab Metro show = eh?
Eh?

C'mon -- we all have the day off, I can hold everyone's stuff because I am unspeakably fucking terrified of rollercoasters, and maybe there could be a mini-gig in the amusement park parking lot.
Everyone wins.

I love this idea. With roses.
ChadyzGroove

Post by ChadyzGroove »

sounds like some good stuff to me
wynkle

Post by wynkle »

I would go to that and buy everyone a soda. If the sodas cost a dollar and there are only thirty-eight people, because that's all I have.
mildlyrestarted

Re: superman: the movie: the ride

Post by mildlyrestarted »

stephanie wrote:Humboldt Grrrls + Long Winters + Six Flags Great America... I can hold everyone's stuff because I am unspeakably fucking terrified of rollercoasters
Everyone wins.

i'll hold your hand after i force you onto Raging Bull, who would be my boyfriend, if rollercoasters could be boyfriends.
galaxyhutgirl

dc!

Post by galaxyhutgirl »

Wohoo! That made my day!

Hear that Cynical Satan?

John wrote:No one said there wouldn´t be a DC show. Just not with DCFC.
Cynical_Satan
Current Heading: North

Re: dc!

Post by Cynical_Satan »

galaxyhutgirl wrote:Wohoo! That made my day!

Hear that Cynical Satan?

Yep. I'm hoping for another Black Cat show, it's a really nice place -- beats the 9:30 club anyday.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

Does anyone know if the Spokane show is all-ages?
stephanie

here comes october the first.

Post by stephanie »

Unremarkable wrote:Does anyone know if the Spokane show is all-ages?

From Barsuk:
10/1 :: Fat Tuesday's (Spokane, WA) :: with Death Cab For Cutie :: all-ages