Fall LW tour dates

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

American sets new record for roller-coaster riding. "For the purpose, one car on each ride was equipped with a small toilet and with seat padding so he could sleep while riding. "

hmmmm....boyfriends/girlfriends as rollercoasters. Sleeping while riding. I sense a great video concept here. Shapes? All that musical movement and lyrical grandiosity? Would lend itself well.

Then they set the record for a rock band riding rollercoasters and get all sort a free publicity.

and I set the record for off-topic posts....
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

The scariest report I heard during the blackout was about the poor saps who were stuck on rides at Six Flags Great Adventure. How's THAT for a video concept? Film noir, you know--no lighting.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

meg wrote:The scariest report I heard during the blackout was about the poor saps who were stuck on rides at Six Flags Great Adventure.

whoa.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

meg wrote:The scariest report I heard during the blackout was about the poor saps who were stuck on rides at Six Flags Great Adventure.

I saw a picture recently of people who were in a stuck rollercoaster, hanging upside down. It just put me firmer in the Let Me Hold Your Glasses For You camp.
If humans were made for being upside down at high speeds, wouldn't our stomachs have been built to be less queasy?
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

i have no problem with rollercoasters they are the best especially if they are not the ones at six flags st. louis, i've been there too many times.
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

Liesbeth wrote:I saw a picture recently of people who were in a stuck rollercoaster, hanging upside down. It just put me firmer in the Let Me Hold Your Glasses For You camp.

That didn't happen during the blackout, though, right? I know people were caught, but I don't know that anyone was caught upside-down.

However, while walking around Times Square during the blackout's first hour, I passed the Giant Toys R Us and saw people trapped on the toy-themed Ferris Wheel inside. That might even be MORE terrifying--trapped in a dark building full of toys who are TOTALLY GOING TO COME TO LIFE?!
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

This probably shows my age, but when I was little I was angry with my toys because they did not come to life like on Raggedy Ann and Andy. I was really nice to them all the time, just in case.

Nowadays, if they came to life, I would be like, "Too little, too late, babe. Talk to the Hand."
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

So you're all doin the NYC eh? no one wants to come to Toronto? man. I'll be the only american there. toronto anyone? ANYONE?

BTW CMJ is pretty cool, college music journal spotlights tons of cool college music bands and indie labels. They rent out tons of NYC bars and show halls and bands play for 3 days and conferences galore. One of the highlights from last year was the one conference on internet trading of music, the record labels got their asses handed to them in the debate panel. Rock and roll. the two of the last 3 years have sucked, but last years was pretty cool, and this years is looking awesome.
plumforget

So >..?

Post by plumforget »

So there's nothing in Washington D.C. or around those parts? Just trying to confirm... :(
Cynical_Satan
Current Heading: North

Re: So >..?

Post by Cynical_Satan »

plumforget wrote:So there's nothing in Washington D.C. or around those parts? Just trying to confirm... :(

Well, as John said the page previous:

"No one said there wouldn´t be a DC show. Just not with DCFC. "

So there's hope yet for a DC show. There are a few dates open before they play in NYC and probably a few before the guys leave for Europe after NYC.

The DC area fans seem to be coming out of the woodwork! As an aside, I was helping friends move in earlier this week and was humming Carparts (Cause what else are you going to do when waiting to go up 6 floors?) and my friend actually knew it. And not because she'd been in my room while it was on constant repeat.... Counting her we have a rather fair group.