*hope I'm not crossing a line...*

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

call me stupid

*hope I'm not crossing a line...*

Post by call me stupid »

....I realize this may be a little taboo, but I am going to ask anyway. A third album? Any plans?
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

you remind me of someone who crosses a line
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

I don't think any lines are being crossed, personally. I'm kinda curious myself to know if John writes much while he's touring. Also, what are some of the band members' hobbies (aside from crappy review books, Sean)? Do any of you play any sports or games or anything like that? What are some of your favorite authors and such?
ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by ChadyzGroove »

yah its such a shame sarcasm doesnt transpire over the interweb
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

Damien_82 wrote:I don't think any lines are being crossed, personally. I'm kinda curious myself to know if John writes much while he's touring. Also, what are some of the band members' hobbies (aside from crappy review books, Sean)? Do any of you play any sports or games or anything like that? What are some of your favorite authors and such?
Well, I have noticed that the boys enjoy throwing around the old frisbee.
mad as cat

Post by mad as cat »

Well, I have noticed that the boys enjoy throwing around the old frisbee.
Ha ha! freakin' hippies.
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

-Yes, it's true that the frisbee has been associated with hippies in the past, but once you cross a certain skill level the throwing of the frisbee disc becomes an athletic endeavor on par with fencing or distance running. I welcome one and all to bring frisbees for pre-show parking lot games.

Train now! You never know when you'll come up against the Master Control Program.
eric!

Post by eric! »

i try to get a little ultimate in once or twice a week. i play with hippies on occasion, but frisbee is no longer a purely hippie pastime.

gotta love the disc. plus, the best ultimate discs aren't made by frisbee anyway.
NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Post by NatureBoy »

John: How about an Aerobie? Will you throw that? Or are you strictly a frisbee purist?
John
King God, Mang

Post by John »

Ultimate is great, but OY! The running! I prefer a precision game. Put it right in the other person's hands. Stand rooted in the spot and just get it there over and over. It allows you to play in unlikely places, like alleys, or across busy streets.

Aerobies are fine if you live across a valley from your frisbee-mate, or if you live in a featureless, treeless land, but typically when I see an Aerobie in someone's hands I think, "I'm going for a lot of long walks."
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Image?

Image!
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Come to think of it, there's your third album right there. A rock opera, clash of the titans kind of piece. Call it "Soldiers of the Disc," and see if you can't get merchandising tie-ins with Wham-O. The videos would write themselves.....
inverted/converted

Post by inverted/converted »

John wrote: I welcome one and all to bring frisbees for pre-show parking lot games.

Train now! You never know when you'll come up against the Master Control Program.
woo hoo! i'll practice my "skill"
LikeAFox

Post by LikeAFox »

NatureBoy wrote:John: How about an Aerobie? Will you throw that? Or are you strictly a frisbee purist?
There's the next cover story for the Alternative Press for ya.

For the record, when it comes to beach activities, I'm more of a volleyball guy. Scratch that - I like to spike. Fuck precision.