we're in Europe

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

John
King God, Mang

we're in Europe

Post by John »

We spent a couple of days in Ireland and had an excellent time. Our hope is that we can break into the Irish market and sell one record to each of the 11 thousand people in Ireland.

Now we're in London, where if you take a walk they tax your feet. We played on the BBC6 this afternoon. My guitar was slightly out of tune, but Sean made up for it by singing in double good tune. Tonight we play a show at the 12 bar, and we hope very much that both Dave Grohl and Beck show up.

Then it's off to the Netherlands, where all the true European Long Winters fans reside. By then the jet-lag will have worn off and we'll be ready to 'bring it'.

Here's to you all, my Barsuk Mafia and Long Winters Army! May your underpants never bunch up.
miss michaela dee

Post by miss michaela dee »

Hey, kids -- here's a link to the BBC6 show -- maybe if we ask them nicely, they'll put our boys in the "listen again" section?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/presenters/gideon_coe/

(I listen to the Beeb via the internet quite a bit, but Gideon Coe's show is on a bit early for this girl.)

Bon voyage, Long Winters. Stay cool.
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

If you'd given more of an advance warning, I could possibly have arranged a reception as you disembarked. Alas. No champagne and handkerchiefs...
Goldie

Northeast, for the love of all things holy!

Post by Goldie »

John wrote:the 12 bar.

Love the 12 Bar. Plus it's a mere 10 minute stroll from the excellent Duke of York tavern (NE, on Rogers St, a few blocks off the oddly-named Lamb's Conduit Street). You kids like wild boar, right?
AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Post by AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta »

thanks to irish promotion mechanism (and some posts not being replied to here.. *COUGH*) i missed you! :-( i did, however, give my only copy of the worst you can do is harm to a prominent irish radio dj with good taste in march. he hasn't played any of it as yet and i'm left without a copy. something tells me bad omen there... :-( still good luck, maybe it's just me...

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta
Bepo

Post by Bepo »

Here's to you all, my Barsuk Mafia and Long Winters Army! May your underpants never bunch up.

God willing and...
heather

Re: we're in Europe

Post by heather »

John wrote:Here's to you all, my Barsuk Mafia and Long Winters Army! May your underpants never bunch up.

..thanks?
topper

Post by topper »

seen in london by this blogger: www.reallyrather.blogspot.com
mildlyrestarted

Post by mildlyrestarted »

topper wrote:seen in london by this blogger: www.reallyrather.blogspot.com

john broderick is my favourite long winter.
omphale

hrm...

Post by omphale »

"zesty, hard-boiled"? like a deviled egg? i'll have to ponder that one...
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

The allmusic review that this blogger mentions had me surprised. John's vocals have never reminded me of Michael Stipe, especially not in Blue Diamonds...
topper

Re: hrm...

Post by topper »

omphale wrote:"zesty, hard-boiled"? like a deviled egg? i'll have to ponder that one...

sharp, no fat?