John and JoCo

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

pahouk

Re: John and JoCo

Postby pahouk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I had hoped someone else would post the setlist from Seattle since I'm really bad at remembering things like that. Here's what I remember, in no particular order:

Scared Straight
Car Parts
Cinnamon
Seven
Not Moving to Portland
Pushover
Prom Night
Shapes
Commander

I know Commander was last and I'm pretty sure about Scared Straight. The rest are not in order.

He only got through part of Shapes when someone talking in the audience distracted him. He said he can handle when everyone is talking and when no one is talking but it's distracting when most people are paying attention and just one or two people are talking. Because his inclination is to try and figure out what they're saying. At one point he said he was going to play a request and started tuning his guitar. When he was done tuning he realized he had tuned for the wrong song so he apologized to the girl and played Prom Night instead.

He came back on to do Nemeses and Feel Like Making Love with Jonathan for the encore.

It was a good show but I can't wait for a full Long Winters show. I don't normally buy T-shirts but I really like the graphics of the new one so I got one.

JadeGordon
Current Heading: Descending

Postby JadeGordon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Someone kindly posted his full set on YouTube!

It was suuuuch a good show!

pahouk

Postby pahouk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

JadeGordon wrote:Someone kindly posted his full set on YouTube!

Thanks for the link. I guess I actually did remember the right songs even though I got the order wrong. I'm so glad techie people were in the audience to record the show since that's way beyond me.

JadeGordon
Current Heading: Descending

Postby JadeGordon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Aside from the nerdiness of the audience, I think JoCo & Co. tend to have more shows turn up online because JoCo has a general policy of creative commons, and is encouraging of this kind of credited sharing. I am super greatful for it, since I can't go to more than an occasional show, and hate to miss 'em!

orochics

Postby orochics » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Patr!ck wrote:What I mean to say was:

http://i.imgur.com/4NOLU.jpg

Do want!

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:19 pm

No You Are wrote:Like Patr!ck, I (very) subtly inquired about the album. There is "Lot's of music recorded". Also, John played it for JoCo and the JoCo Band in the van, and the Maester of Nerds says it was great. So that's good, eh?

You nerds. When I spoke to John in May, I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of, "So, when the fuck are you putting out a new goddamn record already, buddy?"

Return to “Give Me a Moment”