John to Read at the Fremont Abbey 5/23/12

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

pahouk

John to Read at the Fremont Abbey 5/23/12

Postby pahouk » Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm

John will be reading at the Giant Living Room show at the Fremont Abbey on 5/23/12: http://fremontabbey.org/events/. It's hosted by Sean Nelson.

pahouk

Re: John to Read at the Fremont Abbey 5/23/12

Postby pahouk » Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

John didn't really do a formal reading. He did, however, regale us with his long history of dental horror stories. I think we all spent most of his talk cringing. I had heard the story about how he damaged his teeth in college but I didn't know that he's been smashing his teeth in since childhood. Now I'm not sure how he only lost one tooth. Also his dentist is recommending that they perform surgery to adjust the shape of his face because he's "eating his face off". OK, I may have that last part slightly wrong because I'm not sure what it means but the part about operating on his face is correct. Originally they were planning to break his jaw and reposition it. They now have some other surgery procedure in mind. Absolutely nothing about any of that sounded like a good idea. Yikes!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 am

Yikes

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Mon May 28, 2012 1:28 am

pahouk wrote: Originally they were planning to break his jaw and reposition it.

I know a guy who needed to have that procedure done on his upper and lower jaw. It's quite a drag because you are unable to eat/speak for weeks, but apparently it's much less complicated and painful than it sounds.
Still, the idea of having your jaw broken (even if for a medical procedure) still freaks me out.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 am

Not being able to speak for weeks, or eat for that matter, seems like something that could be a major problem for John...

Return to “Give Me a Moment”