Make mine a Long Winter....

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Eric
Band Guy

Post by Eric »

For the record, i did not actually name this drink a "Long Winter", it was Betty Felon's creation. Because I don't know all the names of all the drinks out there, I would be hesitant to name a drink after my band. However, I do know that it was quite tasty.
wonderbex

Post by wonderbex »

Eric wrote:For the record, i did not actually name this drink a "Long Winter", it was Betty Felon's creation. Because I don't know all the names of all the drinks out there, I would be hesitant to name a drink after my band. However, I do know that it was quite tasty.

the record maintains that the legend of Eric the Bassist naming a drink after his own band is a really great story that shall be told to future generations of bassists who lack the cajones to name 8,000-calorie beverages after their own bands.

however, the record also wishes to state that no offense was intended in insinuating that Eric the Bassist invented the Long Winter only to learn that it was, indeed, a Mudslide. The record would like to say that it seems a lot cooler to order a Long Winter than to order a Mudslide.

the record would also like to say that Eric the Bassist could name a beverage after her, any day.

-- the record
sean
consigliere

i could be wrong

Post by sean »

but wasn't it the bard who first asked, "what's in a bex?"

thirstily,
three thousand ducats.
wonderbex

Re: i could be wrong

Post by wonderbex »

sean wrote:but wasn't it the bard who first asked, "what's in a bex?"

thirstily,
three thousand ducats.

ah, yes: one of the greatest puzzles of our time, 'tis true.

methinks there be glitter.

stay thirsty!
call me stupid

Post by call me stupid »

My goal for the week: to make this drink for all my roomates, get them drunk, and force them to listen to WIPTF, because none of them listen to LW.

Wish me luck
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

That's what every band wants to hear, really..."I gotta get my friends drunk, otherwise they won't listen to you!"
call me stupid

Post by call me stupid »

meg wrote:That's what every band wants to hear, really..."I gotta get my friends drunk, otherwise they won't listen to you!"

yeah, well they aren't as musically-enlightened as others i know, and trust me, i've made them listen to it.....nobody's perfect
AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Post by AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta »

just dropping in to note that there is absolutely no coffee whatsoever in bailey's. it's whiskey, cream and chocolate. and now i want a bailey's, thanks guys... ;-)

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta
Eric
Band Guy

Try this...

Post by Eric »

on the subject of really good drinks: next time anyone does tequilla shots, instead of salt and lime, try cinnamon and orange.
you'll never go back.
stephanie

i'm a bartender-in-training!

Post by stephanie »

Again on the subject of really good drinks, this is one I invented.
Modified vodka gimlet, but for sissies!
Warning: much stronger than it tastes.

imprecisely:
• 1 pint glass, filled halfway with ice
• lemon-lime soda (Sprite stays carbonated the longest)
precisely:
• 3 oz. citrus vodka (I'm an Absolut girl, for practicality's sake)
• 1 oz. Rose's sweetened lime juice

Pour the vodka over the ice, top with the lime juice, fill the rest of the glass with soda.
Very tasty + will get you crunk -- that's a promise!

Also a promise: Corson, we're doing tequila shots the next time I'm in Seattle. WORD.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

RE: cinnamon etc.

Post by Moni »

sounds like a valid christmas version for sure...
maybe this is the season to start doing tequila shots...?
or should i stay with the mulled wine (i heard the one they sell near our place is killer).....?
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

i have to be careful when i drink, alcohol runs in the family sometimes, i thinki wouldof became one once if i would of continued drinking when my schizophrenia got horrible.
Dez

Post by Dez »

What about some fine Belgian Beer? I recommend (yeah, please do tell us, mighty Beerhunter!) the Leffe Triple or "Moeder Overste" (=Mother Superior) or Delirium Tremens (with pink elefants on the bottle). Beers with a lot more alcohol (8%-9%) and a lot more flava. With a few of these down the hatch you'll sleep like a baby and wake up a little hazy but almost guaranteed hangoverfree!