Detroit Pictures

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

warmfuzzysocks

Detroit Pictures

Post by warmfuzzysocks »

Great show last night, though the crowd didn't really seem into it. I ran into John at the cafe next door before the show and said hello, caught up with all the other guys inside. The pictures aren't the best as I didn't want to use flash and be all distracting like. I brought my cool ass old school Tshirt and had the guys sign it. Definately the best onen there.

So yeah, here are some of my (admittedly crappy) pictures.

the shirt....

and yours truly with eric and michael...

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

coolness, that was FAST.

by the way, looking good these days! is that a fairly new hair color? (mind you last time i saw you there was that... melonshell... :P
Last edited by Moni on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Those are pretty good. I kinda like the blurry/stage lighting/trails effects... intentional or not, they have a lot of energy. Or you could just say you were capturing auras.

The bottom pic is super cute. aw.
warmfuzzysocks

Post by warmfuzzysocks »

Liz wrote:coolness, that was FAST.

by the way, looking good these days! is that a fairly new hair color? (mind you last time i saw you there was that... melonshell... :P
i've been reddish in varying tones since about january :)
warmfuzzysocks

Post by warmfuzzysocks »

Betty Felon wrote:Those are pretty good. I kinda like the blurry/stage lighting/trails effects... intentional or not, they have a lot of energy. Or you could just say you were capturing auras.

The bottom pic is super cute. aw.
I love it too... Sean took it!
LWnumbaunofan

I'm SUPER jealous!!!!!!

Post by LWnumbaunofan »

Those pics are SOOOO SUPER CUTE!!!

I'm jealous of the last one (because i'm the biggest LW's FAN)!!!
I don't know what i would do if i got to take a pic with Mike, and Erik. They are total hotties!!

I'm gonna put that pic as my wallpaper, maybe i'll photoshop it, and put my head over yours, no offense. :-)
I'm thinking of making an LW's fan club, are you interested in joining????? It's open to anyone!!!
Lots of LUV
LW's Fan Numero UNO
:-)
:-)
LWnumbaunofan

Post by LWnumbaunofan »

I went ahead and photoshopped the pic!!! it turned out really cool, but i'm really stupid when it comes to comps, so i was hoping you could tell me how to post it. THANX!!!!!!

LUV
LW's NUMERO UNO FAN
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

(Post deleted because I was being really mean. Though I don't think there is a shred of sincerity in LWnumbaone's posts and he is being as obnoxious as possible on purpose.)
Last edited by Betty Felon on Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

that's the old school T??? i guess they do have new ones now. but...that means i have an old school T too then cuz i have the exact same shirt.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:that's the old school T??? i guess they do have new ones now. but...that means i have an old school T too then cuz i have the exact same shirt.
How would this be old school if it's the art work from the current album. It cannot be, because I want one, it's beautiful.
No one would be allowed to scribble on it though!
Moni

Post by Moni »

I can’t believe I didn’t buy one of those shirts when I had the chance... that was an unsmart move on my part because now they’re obviously gone – meh.
In search for a lame excuse I’d say I was too distracted by Ken’s hair (black-greenish).
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

That hair was cool. To digress slightly: have you taken the Ken hair test yet?
In 1 1/2 hour R.E.M. are in Later on the BBC, I'd better watch to see what's been happening, hairwise. And hear some good music, too.
A Brutaful Smile

Liesbeth wrote:
A Brutaful Smile wrote:that's the old school T??? i guess they do have new ones now. but...that means i have an old school T too then cuz i have the exact same shirt.
How would this be old school if it's the art work from the current album. It cannot be, because I want one, it's beautiful.
No one would be allowed to scribble on it though!
it seems that is like their "signature". it was one of the first couple of LW shirts. i bought mine somewhere around the middle of last year i think. the first show i saw them, which was the 1st CDs release show, the poster i bought has that exact same artwork. so it's been w/them for a while.
A Brutaful Smile

Betty Felon wrote:(Post deleted because I was being really mean. Though I don't think there is a shred of sincerity in LWnumbaone's posts and he is being as obnoxious as possible on purpose.)
but it was so funny!!!

and i agree w/you.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

yeah, but on the miniscule off chance that this is really one of those glitter-smeared, 13 year old, almost-autistic-with-ADHD kids, who is actually as sincere as it is possible for such a creature to be, I felt bad. (I guess you never really know...SOMEONE is buying 311 albums.)

OR maybe it's a recent immigrant from Japan who's senses were formed around insane pokemon supercuteness and just doesn't get the difference between what's mainstream and whats indie here in America (and why.) They have eye gloss over there. gloss...not for eyelids, but for your eyeballs. it's true.

OR, more likely, it's just some stoned/coked up 16 year old of the skater/webgeek variety who whorships Maddox and gets his identity from mocking people whose lives aren't primarily concerned with pissing thier parents off. I'm guessing he's hot for his friend's sister, who loves the Long Winters and that's how he got here. hahahaha.

This is a fun game, "Guess the Damage"
A Brutaful Smile

Betty Felon wrote:OR maybe it's a recent immigrant from Japan who's senses were formed around insane pokemon supercuteness and just doesn't get the difference between what's mainstream and whats indie here in America (and why.) They have eye gloss over there. gloss...not for eyelids, but for your eyeballs. it's true.
yer kidding me...what in the hell do you do w/eyeball gloss??? what is the point of that? that has to be the strangest thing i have ever heard of. and it can't be good for your eyes.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I don't know... I don't question Japan, I just marvel. I read about this in Wired:

"Apparently your lips aren't the only things that need gloss - so do your eyeballs. You know that lubricating salve you use for relieving tired, computer-glazed eyes? Tokyo teens are snapping it up to put glimmer in their glimpses. The vitamins and mild analgesic in one dash of Taisho Pharmaceutical's Iris Neo Cool (hang tough through a moment of tingling!) keep peepers as sparkling as Sailor Moon's for about an hour. At 880 yen (about $7) a bottle, it's the cheapest eye-lift around." - Sonia Zjawinski
warmfuzzysocks

Post by warmfuzzysocks »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:
Betty Felon wrote:OR maybe it's a recent immigrant from Japan who's senses were formed around insane pokemon supercuteness and just doesn't get the difference between what's mainstream and whats indie here in America (and why.) They have eye gloss over there. gloss...not for eyelids, but for your eyeballs. it's true.
yer kidding me...what in the hell do you do w/eyeball gloss??? what is the point of that? that has to be the strangest thing i have ever heard of. and it can't be good for your eyes.

yeah, i agree... that's kind of scary
Moni

Post by Moni »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:
Well I once had to use some sort of eye-gloss, but for medical reasons (the cornea was completely scratched... long and slightly disgusting story). It was fairly unpleasant. Did you ever get your eyes washed out?

Apart from that, I’m apparently Ken’s 1996-hair, which makes me “vaguely creepy” as the test says.
warmfuzzysocks

Post by warmfuzzysocks »

Liz wrote:
Well I once had to use some sort of eye-gloss, but for medical reasons (the cornea was completely scratched... long and slightly disgusting story). It was fairly unpleasant. Did you ever get your eyes washed out?

Apart from that, I’m apparently Ken’s 1996-hair, which makes me “vaguely creepy” as the test says.
I don't think you're "vaguely creepy..." I think you're wholly creepy :-p