middlebury junkies

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

cassidy*

middlebury junkies

Postby cassidy* » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:59 am

so, i go to see these guys in Montreal, everyone is speaking french, i feel like an idiot, however, absolutly love the city, get in my car at 1am, drive back to middlebury, vermont, and the next morning (or afternoon, not sure) i walk to the bakery to get some coffee, and who's there but the long winters. you guys really need to stop with the stalking . . . ok? it's unattractive.

ps. i've never seen this many posts in my life . . . does anyone else think that people have just way too much time on their hands?

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:14 am

Too much time? I'd say we're just nice friendly people who like to step out of that mad race called life to chat with a fellow LW-fan.
Or in this case, to friendly inquire about the Vermont bakeries, which apparently sell coffee. Now that strikes me as odd, and urges me to take a little bit of time to respond to your message.

cassidy*

Postby cassidy* » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:24 pm

yeah, coffee. who knew. it's actually pretty good. well, pretty good for vermont. the funny part is . . . that i must have this time on my hands as well. funny that.

do other bakeries not have coffee. it only seems natural. no?

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:59 am

Vermont is small, so they cram their bakeries and coffee-shops together, but that doesn't account for cassidy's uncomfortable fumbling. She's an ACTRESS, you see, who follows cute West Coast indie bands around and then accuses them of stalking. But she'll learn. I predict one thousand posts.

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:00 pm

These days, most New York bakeries have coffee. Or is it that New York coffee shops have baked goods? Oh my. Good to be a tea drinker.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:16 pm

i just wanna know why the heck LW would be in flippin Middleberry VM and not in TEXAS. What gives? Any plans to hook up with centro-matic here? No one will answer me, i'm feelin like a dead french poet, all ignored...

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:18 pm

Maybe if you got a 'pic' people would respond faster.

OK, here's the definitive Texas story:

The LW's want to play Texas very much, and after the kickass time we showed Centro-Matic in Seattle in September, they owe us at least one kick-ass Texas time, for sure.

But both bands are so busy conquering Europe and driving our tanks into Russia that the soonest we can possibly attept this miraculous feat is in the beginning of March.

Which seems like a long time, and in punk-rock years it would be a long time, but in indie-rock years it's only, like, eleven minutes.

so set your egg timer.

Cynical_Satan
Current Heading: North

Postby Cynical_Satan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:02 am

John wrote:But both bands are so busy conquering Europe and driving our tanks into Russia that the soonest we can possibly attept this miraculous feat is in the beginning of March.

I am reminded of all my world history classes when I say those Russian winters can be a bitch. So, if you must conquer Europe be sure to prepare and come back a whole band -- unlike a certain other world conquerer. Haha.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:49 am

March it is, excellent...

Ain't gonna do no pic, too cute, besides i'm a complete luddite, & i'd just screw it up.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:46 am

no pic wrote:Ain't gonna do no pic, too cute, besides i'm a complete luddite, & i'd just screw it up.

You could have a pic of a dead French poet...
I don't have enough time, of course, but otherwise I would hook you up with one - a picture that is, not a corps.

I feel for you, no pic, but to be honest I'm happy Centro-matic are in Europe. Saw them last Sunday and it was wonderful!
(humming Love Has Found Me...)

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:22 pm

better to have no pic & keep em guessin. God, please no dead french poets!

Did you see Centro-matic? Or South San Gabriel opening for My Morning Jacket? MMJ last month was one of the best live shows i've ever seen. Anyway, i'm pretty fortunate cuz i get to see CM whenever they come home.

What is life like in the Netherlands?

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:34 pm

My computer (which I named Knud the Stout, in a vain attempt to coax it to work without crashing) doesn't like My Morning Jacket, the sound crashed when I was listening to the new album over the net just now. KEXP played MMJ's Rollin' Over straight after the DCFC live set the other day and I loved that song. Haven't seen them live tho'. And how can I, when all my concert time coupons will be used up to see TLW... just as well South San Gabriel play one support for them in between the MMJ gigs.

As for life in the Netherlands, it's like... life.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:40 pm

long live Knud the Stout.

inverted/converted

Postby inverted/converted » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:29 pm

no pic wrote:i just wanna know why the heck LW would be in flippin Middleberry VM and not in TEXAS. What gives? Any plans to hook up with centro-matic here? No one will answer me, i'm feelin like a dead french poet, all ignored...

A fan in Texas, awesome. I'm in Houston, how about you?

Um, coffee, damn the coffee. I'm addicted to it. What sad is that I can't function with out it.
What depresses me the most about when I goto coffee/tea shops is the people who are drinking a cup of coffee/tea alone. I never drink coffee or tea alone, too many thoughs run through my head when I am drinking and I have no one to tell them to but myself. Seeing someone drinking alone is the most depressing thing to see next to getting a letter from a lover that opens up with a sentence like "I'm sorry".

Anyone recognize the picture I am using? It's the Long Winter's licence plate... I'll take if off if you mind, John.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:52 am

hey, Houston dweller, i'm in Dallas. Whoopee.

The next time you see someone drinking alone, ask if they want company. I do it all the time, with generally favorable results. Of course, i'm a 5 foot tall blond chick, and thus not terribly threatening.

Hey, to anyone out there, Nada Surf and Death Cab are playing in Ft Worth next week- is it worth the drive? (30min give or take). I'd probably go alone, and don't wanna if it ain't worth it

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:45 am

no pic wrote:Hey, to anyone out there, Nada Surf and Death Cab are playing in Ft Worth next week- is it worth the drive? (30min give or take). I'd probably go alone, and don't wanna if it ain't worth it

Of course it's worth it! I suffered through a 6 hour bus drive (one way) alone to get to Spokane to see TLW and DCFC. It is certainly worth a piddling 30 min. drive to see Nada Surf with Death Cab!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:08 am

inverted/converted wrote:What depresses me the most about when I goto coffee/tea shops is the people who are drinking a cup of coffee/tea alone. I never drink coffee or tea alone, too many thoughs run through my head when I am drinking and I have no one to tell them to but myself. Seeing someone drinking alone is the most depressing thing to see next to getting a letter from a lover that opens up with a sentence like "I'm sorry".

Drinking coffee alone is one of my favorite things to do, so don't get depressed unless you regularly get depressed when you see people having a great time. And please don't bug me if you see me.

Imagefor different folks.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:12 am

It is a gross misrepresentation of the facts to suggest that 'five-foot tall blonde chicks' are 'not terribly threatening'.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:09 am

to whom?

heather

Postby heather » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:20 pm

John wrote:It is a gross misrepresentation of the facts to suggest that 'five-foot tall blonde chicks' are 'not terribly threatening'.

Exactly. John is also a five foot tall blonde chick, and he is terribly intimidating. And watch out for his Ralph Macchio impersonation. That Crane kick will MESS YOU UP!

Return to “Give Me a Moment”