Shhhhh...It's a secret...

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:52 pm

John wrote:I can't smell Southen Comfort either. When I was 15 I made the mistake of mixing it with Grape Nehi. My first concert was Dio, the Last in Line tour, with Dokken, at the Sullivan Arena in Anchorage.

Not my first concert, but a few summers ago I caught Dokken with Slaugher, Cinderella and Poison at the Gorge...

once again leading me to believe that I was born a decade too late...to a mother doing a lot of prenatal drugs!

gingerman

Postby gingerman » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:44 pm

No one forgets their first St Paulie Girl or rock concert. Mine was the first rock concert at the then newly built Centrum in beautiful downtown Worcester. There was still some hub bub as to wheter it was structurally sound. The Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent with special guest Krokus. 1982. I was 11 or twelve at the time. I bought a studded krokus wristband that later got me in big trouble at school(they had never seen one before and thought it was a weapon)
Ted Nugent kept turning up the volume to really see"IF THIS MOTHERFUCKER'S GONNA COME TUMBLIN' DOWN....AWRI-EEEET!!"
It hurt my ears so much by the end I was crying and was begging my brother to take me home. During his last encore my brother took pity on me and walked me out all the time watching the stage.

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:04 pm

John wrote:I can't smell Southen Comfort either. When I was 15 I made the mistake of mixing it with Grape Nehi. My first concert was Dio, the Last in Line tour, with Dokken, at the Sullivan Arena in Anchorage.

a couple months ago, my friend helped Don Dokken, while working at bestbuy. Mr. Dokken talked to him for over two hours, telling him all kinds of outrageous eighties rock stories, and then invited him to a party on his houseboat, where Winger and Sammy Hagar would be attending, among others. My friend wussed out and didn't go.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:57 pm

HAhahaha....Winger. HAhhahaha Dokken, Cinderella.

I'm not laughing at Slaughter or Poison though.

Is it ok to distinguish between hair metal bands and divide them into good vs. funny? Because I do anyway.

gingerman

Postby gingerman » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:47 pm

Poison is not a hair band?

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:12 am

Oh, Poison is most definitely a hair band. But I can't laugh at them.

I rocked out to "Unskinny Bop" with my babysitter. She had little gold plates on the bottom shoelace loop of her white reebok hightops, one engraved with "Poison" the other "Bon Jovi". And she let me wear eyeliner. She was my hero and favorite human.

From time to time I wonder if she ever did marry Sebastion Bach or not...

omphale

Postby omphale » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 am

hm, i went to see the moody blues in utero, does that count? i think it does. i really went to a lot of shows as a kid because my parents were crazy hippies with crazy musician friends, so i kindof have no idea after that ...and really i only know about that because it was SUCH a big deal to my mom, who was (and is to this day) the world's most psychotically devoted moody blues fan.

and southern comfort is just *wrong*. in any situation. just plain wrong.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:40 am

hi babes!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:42 am

although southern comfort is responsible for the only time I really lost control when drunk, I still like it
but then, I'm a sucker for sweet liquour (how the hell is that spelled)

omphale

Postby omphale » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:47 am

ah, yes, i think the problem is that i hate sweet liquor (one less u, liesbeth!) of any kind.

no pic, m'darlin, where'd ya get that stunning avatar?

gingerman

Postby gingerman » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:31 pm

Omphale, pray tell, what is your favourite Moody Blues album?

Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Harvey Winters » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:19 pm

OMG.....

Soco with lime juice....

It doesn't help matters much....

Corpsman!!!
We got a man down over here!!!!

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:01 pm

Omphale, my love, that avatar be Boudreaux, the mascot of the mud bugs, which will soon be all up in the liquid papers' ass tomorrow...

btw, last night i met the cutest trumpet player from KC...if'n y'all get a chance to catch this act, a totally great swing band The Grand Marquis, he said they would be in Seattle inna coupla weeks, and they were smokin! It's some kinda Camel-sponsored tour. The guy on the stand-up base was amazing...ok, i'm rambling!

L-dubs tomorrow, y'all...

Return to “Give Me a Moment”