eMusic live shows

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

eMusic live shows

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:11 am

because Spydirweb mentioned that it was eMusic that recorded the Cat's Cradle show, I checked it and found that the 6-4 and 6-8 shows are available on theeMusic website

I've wondered before about these eMusic live shows, what's the deal?
As I understand the labels (and I suppose through them the artists) get an amount for the albums that are available on eMusic - although I'm not sure how much or little that is exactly. But is there any sort of arrangement with these live shows, does the band benefit at all?

hovering

Postby hovering » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:23 am

I know nothing about this, but I will just say that when I purchased my copy, I bought it from John and not the venue, so I would think the band would profit. but, really, no clue.

spydirweb

Postby spydirweb » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:04 pm

I REALLY wanted to get a copy but my friend needed to bum a few bucks to pick up a decemberists shit. I attempted to bootleg it but I was to far back to do a video recording like I did last time so I tried the voice record on my PDA and it sounded HORRIBLE... I really wish I could pick up a copy. I hope they post the carrboro show on emusic's site soon...

Marty

Postby Marty » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:01 am

I signed up for Emusic's trial membership in which you get 50 free downloads.

I downloaded the four complete LW shows as well as a 2hr (25 song) Ken Stringfellow set from Maxwells last week.

The LW shows are all great, and there are some new songs in there as well.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:40 am

We get paid when those get downloaded, yes, although no check has arrived yet. Time will tell if this whole internet thing isn't just a fad.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:51 am

good to know, in that case I will download the other two shows as well, I didn't know there were four now (and that superdeluxe Ken Stringfellow show, over two hours of live music makes up for no european tourdates).
finally a recording of a new song, and finally a title as well.

I think I will do the trial period thing though, we have a subscription but already used up this months' 40 songs, partly on an incredible collection of early seventies Ethiopian music, good car music for the holidays!

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:08 pm

i bought the emusic recording of the ken stringfellow show at schuba's on friday. when i told him i bought it, he said, "sweet. three bucks."

the end.

aj

Postby aj » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:44 am

mildlyrestarted wrote:i bought the emusic recording of the ken stringfellow show at schuba's on friday. when i told him i bought it, he said, "sweet. three bucks."

the end.

How did it turn out? I imagine the vocals on the last couple of songs were inaudible?

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:25 am

yeah, I'm interested in that too. does it include the banter where the audience is compared to a senate hearing?

flink

Postby flink » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:12 pm

aj wrote:
mildlyrestarted wrote:i bought the emusic recording of the ken stringfellow show at schuba's on friday. when i told him i bought it, he said, "sweet. three bucks."

the end.

How did it turn out? I imagine the vocals on the last couple of songs were inaudible?

Oh! I just connected it! Are you the "aj" that commented on the KS.com board? Who I possibly saw at the KS/Posies shows last weekend? (I'm taylord over there.)

aj

Postby aj » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:23 pm

flink wrote:
aj wrote:

the end.

Oh! I just connected it! Are you the "aj" that commented on the KS.com board? Who I possibly saw at the KS/Posies shows last weekend? (I'm taylord over there.)

Indeed I am. the one and only.
hello again!

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:34 pm

i have been listening to it incessantly. it's perfect. even "one morning" and "here's to the future" sound really nice without the mic.

i definitely recommend the download for those of you who are, indeed, downloading.

and yes, all of the banter is in tact!

Return to “Give Me a Moment”