Someone make my acoustic louder (please)

What are guitar strings made of? For technical questions about music and gear.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Yarn

Someone make my acoustic louder (please)

Postby Yarn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:55 pm

It's been a long time coming, and I think I'm afraid. I need to amp up my Martin in order to play it in my band, but I have no idea about what sort of acoustic pickups to install. Money isn't a big option either, because I'm really looking for good sound, that'll last me years, and I'm willing to pay for that. There are a lot of options, and I have heard a lot of bad things about a lot of brands and products. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it.

Thank you all.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:45 am

Rosebud!

Yarn

Postby Yarn » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:03 pm

After a quick internet search, I failed to find information . . . my luck. If you could give me anymore information/details that might help, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks again. :)

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:26 pm

Google: Citizen Kane.

matthewsturm

Postby matthewsturm » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:54 pm

Try a Fishman Gold Plus undersaddle pickup. It's great because it's got a preamp and tiny, itty-bitty elf sized EQ built in to it. It's also really cool if you don't want any exterior modification done to your guitar. The only problem is that it doesn't have any kind of volume control.

Another system you may want to look into is the Schertler Bluestick. It's a transducer mic system that goes under the top of your guitar directly below the bridge and vibrates like a guitar top. It's about the closest thing I've heard to true acoustic tone. The only problem I've found with it is that it gets feedback kinda easily. Hope this helps, succa.

-matthew
www.matthewsturm.com

Return to “Band Nerd!”