Maybe I'm just deaf (and that's very well possible)...

What are guitar strings made of? For technical questions about music and gear.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Maybe I'm just deaf (and that's very well possible)...

Postby Moni » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:52 am

... but I don't hear the accordion on Nora. Where is it. I feel so dumb.

That said, Ken should've played Maracas on WIPTF. He fucking slays on those things, to quote a popular phrase. Never have I witnessed such a passionate Maracas Shaker. It was moving.

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Postby AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:21 pm

ooooooooh yeah! ken is one passionate, sexy maracas player (even tho he is still in desperate need for a haircut). and i was deeply impressed with the way he augmented his maracas rhythms with his *cough* dancing movements. he had obviously gobbled up a fair bit of irish culture before going on stage that night (and no, i'm not talking exclusively about fermenting yeast cultures there *g*). cool, cool, cool, more maracas for ken NOW!

:-)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:03 am

Eric played the damn thing and it's all over the track. It's the wheezy sounding drone, like a really sick Canada goose on infinite repeat.

Moni

Postby Moni » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:39 am

Ahh, got it! Just when you think you actually know what an accordion is supposed to sound like... anyway, at least now I know what a sick Canadian goose sounds like.

even tho he is still in desperate need for a haircut

Judging from the fact that he looks rather pale and that he's obviuosly got a knack for exotic percussion instruments (and dance moevements) and Hawaii shirts, I'd say what Ken really needs right now is a vacation to the Bahamas... or something...

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:08 am

Liz wrote:Judging from the fact that he looks rather pale and that he's obviuosly got a knack for exotic percussion instruments (and dance moevements) and Hawaii shirts, I'd say what Ken really needs right now is a vacation to the Bahamas... or something...

apparently he has plans for performing in Cuba and doing a tour in West-Africa, so that should do the trick

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Postby AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:59 pm

Liesbeth wrote:
Liz wrote:Judging from the fact that he looks rather pale and that he's obviuosly got a knack for exotic percussion instruments (and dance moevements) and Hawaii shirts, I'd say what Ken really needs right now is a vacation to the Bahamas... or something...

apparently he has plans for performing in Cuba and doing a tour in West-Africa, so that should do the trick

west africa? well, let's hope he packs enough sunscreen, cos otherwise he'll come back lobsterstyle! gee, he so doesn't look well right now (plays great maracas, tho *g*)

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Moni

Postby Moni » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:51 am

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta wrote:gee, he so doesn't look well right now

Let's just say he looked WAY better when he was on tour with The Long Winters. I remember at one point he started talking Spanish to the audience in Cleveland (whatever sense THAT makes in the midwest)...
He probably shouldn't hang out with Mike Mills that much.

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

Postby AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:52 am

well last year he looked edible, yum!

(a) he needs a haircut
(b) he needs a drink

he seems way too sober at the moment, never a good idea! and that white suit black shirt comobo looked way more swell on him when he was in dublin last than it did this timel...

AffluentSuburbOfAtlanta

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:08 am

on the topic of accordions, have any of you seen The Decemberists play? Talk about slaying, that girl rocks the accordian (and keyboard for that matter) like it's nobody's binness.

Return to “Band Nerd!”