Page 1 of 1


Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:00 pm
by Unremarkable
Does anyone know where I can go to get a DAT fixed (and not too expensive)? I have a Sony TCD-D8 that needs fixin'.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:40 pm
by Unremarkable one replied here the first time I posted this, so I thought I'd try again.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:03 am
by Moni
have you tried the store where you bought it? even if it’s just walmart or something they should at least be able to tell you where you can go or maybe fix it themselves.

do you have any idea what might be broken?

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:42 am
by Harry Kellerman
well, i'm guessing you bought it used in it's current condition. you should probably contact sony somehow. i know for a fact that tascam will repair their equipment for you (for a price, of course), so i assume sony will do the same.or at the very least sony can refer you to an authorized repair place. as for the inexpensive aspect - it depends on what's wrong with it, but don't hedge your bets on a cheap repair.

how much did you pay for it? i didn't even know sony made dat recorders.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:15 am
by Unremarkable
I bought it used on ebay for $350, along with a mic. It worked quite well before it crapped out on me. I'm going to try and contact sony, but I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore. We'll see what can be done.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:37 pm
by anthropomorphizing_kitty
I have a Sony MiniDisk that's been going silly on me lately too.